Barbie (2023)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Master Virgo wrote:
July 20th, 2023, 3:20 pm
Snyder cult, fandom menace, M-She-U antis, etc. Birds of a feather.
:roll:

These mfs thought they can cancel a movie with 66% female audience when they couldn't even cancel Captain Marvel with a 61% male audience.

Master Virgo wrote:
July 22nd, 2023, 6:25 pm
These mfs thought they can cancel a movie with 66% female audience when they couldn't even cancel Captain Marvel with a 61% male audience.

Ben Shapiro`s existence makes me more sad and angry that the atomic bomb`s existence.

Little women: Masterpiece 10/10
Lady Bird: very good 8-9/10
Barbie: good, the funniest of the three, some great lines, some great sequences, but it's more explicit than her previous efforts and never reaches the emotion she was able to reach with for example Beth through her two timelines in Little Women.
Not bad in anyway, and definitely an important message, but just not as good as what I think a voice like Gerwig can achieve. 8/10
Ben Shapiro 0/10 but thanks for the publicity you moron.

This is technically well-made and the political messages in it are all great, the plot itself is just so bland/predictable. The thing was like a Disney Channel Original Movie at points. Huge drop in quality from her last two works, but happy she's getting more mainstream attention I guess. Just wish she hadn't watered things down so much in the process.