Babylon (2022)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Ace
Damien Chazelle Targets Emma Stone for 1920s Hollywood Tale 'Babylon'
Damien Chazelle, who wrote and directed the 2016 musical La La Land, is again tackling an L.A. story, which is this time set in the 1920s.

Chazelle wrote the script and is attached to direct Babylon, which is intended to be his next film, and is making the rounds to studios and streaming companies. The project is generated immediate interest from Lionsgate, Paramount and Netflix, among others, when it hit the town over a month ago but coming to any deal has been slow going. Those in the know have described the Babylon script as being a whopping 180 pages long and the project as having a budget in the $80 million to $100 million range.

Marc Platt, who produced La La Land, is one of the producers on Babylon as is Olivia Hamilton.

Details surrounding Babylon are scarce but the story is said to be set during Hollywood’s and the movie industry’s transition from silent films to talkies. The rise and fall of fictional and historical characters figure into the proceedings.

One of the characters featured is Clara Bow, the early sex symbol and box-office star, who was Hollywood’s first “it girl.” Chazelle's La La Land star Emma Stone has been loosely attached to portray the character but no formal deal has been made for her involvement at this stage.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ ... on-1220286

yes thank you

Uhhhh yes please.

Stone would fit that time period perfectly!

Yess Damien put it in my chazelle

Nomis wrote:
July 15th, 2019, 12:30 pm
Yess Damien put it in my chazelle
do one of these again and i’ll give you a warning

Updated my list of most anticipated films with a new number 2.
Edit : Oops, didn't see there was already a thread. Was too excited.

Ace
I can add that Brad Pitt is also circling Babylon, the early Hollywood period drama that is likely to reteam La La Land filmmaker Damien Chazelle with Emma Stone. Sources said confirm that he’s also in the mix, though neither he nor Stone has made a commitment. I’ve also heard that Babylon is a drama about that mixes real and fictional characters, and is a drama solidly in the R-rated category.
https://deadline.com/2019/07/damien-cha ... ssion=true

i hope chazelle makes and releases this soon enough for me to watch it before dying from the apocalypse

Yes, please. This sounds amazing.