Babylon (2022)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Eyes Wide Shut meets Wolf of Wall Street meets Goodfellas?
Seems like a really stark shift from his previous films, but I'm totally down with just about anything (especially if Chazelle is writing). I just don't want it to be shock for shock's sake.

immediately begins reading day of the locust

Give us a release date!!!

By the way, jumping on the occasion to talk about one of my favourite movies! It is known that Chazelle has an infinite admiration for french director Jacques Demy. But Jacques Demy did not only direct The umbrellas of Cherbourg and The ladies of Rochefort. Whilst I'd argue these two films are somehow much more perverse than they seem at first (especially the Ladies), Demy's darker side becomes obvious in Peau d'Ane, an adaptation of a famous tale, where a king wants to marry his daughter. Whilst Walt Disney had made his name on taking away the sexual subtext of Charles Perrault's and other famous writers'tale, and replacing them with conservative values, Demy embraces the sexual subtext, yet making a film for kids(!).
In addition to The Umbrellas, Demy made another entirely sung film, that is Une chambre en ville (A room in town). At the opposite of every other musical, the film is about workers'demonstrations, and repression by the police. The main character is a woman walking through the city, naked under her fur coat, and she discusses with her mother her husband's sexual inabilities. The love story is in many ways about physical passion.
I wouldn't be surprised that this side of Demy inspired Chazelle, and I would advise strongly to watch A room in town, a one-of-its-kind masterpiece.

Holy shit, how did I miss this movie? 100% in!

Damien Chazelle's 'Babylon' Lands at Paramount With Brad Pitt, Emma Stone Circling
Paramount has picked up Babylon, Damien Chazelle’s drama set in the Golden Age of Hollywood.

Brad Pitt and Emma Stone are in talks to star in the project but no deals are set.

Marc Platt, who produced Chazelle’s La La Land, is one of the producers on Babylon, as is Olivia Hamilton, Matthew Plouffe and Tobey Maguire.

Paramount is now all in on Babylon, setting a Dec. 25, 2021 limited release before expanding wide Jan. 7, 2022, giving this project awards playability.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ ... ng-1250753

i'm still not sure what actually interests chazelle

Stone could be replaced by Robbie.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ ... ium=social
I hope Stone isn't renouncing because of reshoot for Cruella or some dumb project. She already left Little Women for Zombieland 2. (read it could be due to a pregnancy, in which case Congratulations!)

I love Robbie, but she just doesn’t strike me as Clara Bow. Totally different types of looks, even all the hairstyling and makeup differences aside. Kinda bummed about this lol, was really hoping for another Emma Stone-Chazelle reunion. :(