Mank (2020)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Numbers wrote:
September 7th, 2020, 6:44 pm
Robin wrote:
September 7th, 2020, 2:47 pm
m4st4 wrote:
September 7th, 2020, 1:27 pm
Fincher about to redeem 2020:

Ahh yes, can't wait for another "perfect" effort from Fincher. Dude has become so fucking boring after Zodiac.
Guessing you haven't seen The Social Network.
I did. Overrated by lazy critics trying to put a "socially relevant" tag on it, but the audience never embraced like that. Solid filmmaking and "7/10" at best; also his second best in 20 years. Fincher is now the king of "7/10" films.. Amazing craft, nothing more.

lately i've been watching TSN on a loop in 30 min chunks lol

m4st4 wrote:
September 7th, 2020, 1:27 pm
Fincher about to redeem 2020:

What a dumbass take to say Fincher's become stale after Zodiac. That is when he has become one of the most interesting filmmakers shooting in digital currently.

Zodiac, TSN, Dragon Tattoo, and Gone Girl are all incredible films and some of his best work (Zodiac being one of the best films of the 21st century)

MaxContract wrote:
September 9th, 2020, 3:54 pm
What a dumbass take to say Fincher's become stale after Zodiac. That is when he has become one of the most interesting filmmakers shooting in digital currently.

Zodiac, TSN, Dragon Tattoo, and Gone Girl are all incredible films and some of his best work (Zodiac being one of the best films of the 21st century)
this, this so much, David is perhaps the best example of a director exploiting the digital look, the coldness of it (specially red cameras, arri is another story) and fully using it to further the atmosphere, the social network is incredible, and i have a very soft spot for dragon tattoo, i kinda love it more than any other Fincher film haha, Gone girl is perhaps the one i cant connect with but i`ll comeback to it eventually.

(also this is apparently gonna be in true 1.0 mono - according to the full Empire feature)

fun!
inb4 no one being able to tell a difference

MaxContract wrote:
September 9th, 2020, 3:54 pm

Yess :gonf:

So Frances McDormand and Gary Oldman for best actress and actor? Just put on the picture from three years ago, and spare the cost of a ceremony.

i believe this will be a fine motion picture

-Vader