The Matrix: Resurrections (2021)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
DHOPW42 wrote:
September 7th, 2021, 4:36 pm
It's so weird that we're getting a 4th Matrix film after 18 (Jesus...) years, but I have a very, very bad feeling about this sequel. The whole thing doesn't seem relevant at all, and I don't mean the story or the "message" of living in a virtual world... but it feels more like a fake movie that they made for an SNL skit rather than a real Matrix sequel. I don't know why... maybe it's the time that has passed ever since.
Well, the third one was a complete mess, so there's definitely reason to be cautious about this one.

Cool site and really cool footage. Happy to see that the color grading is adequately intense and in line with the previous three films. I was afraid we might end up with a visually bland looking sequel.

I love the trilogy and I can't wait to see this on the biggest possible screen I can find lol

Ace

!!!

I do hope the movie will be good, i'll just say that. I also actually miss the aesthetics that were from the previous movies.

Oh god…not a good trailer. I’m so nervous

The visuals are pretty... weird. I actually wouldn't have minded if they retained the original greenish look. And some of the effects look cheap... some shots reminden me of recent Wachowski films, which A) makes sense B) is a bit concerning.

Interesting, I actually thought this was one of the strongest trailers in years period. I loved it. There's no awkward cutting around one-liners and jokes, there's no bad covers of pop songs, it's three minutes of amazing, slick visuals and mind-fucking plot stuff. The look is extremely distinctive, with those amber hues and "glow" that looks as fake as the original simulations but in a different way.

Fuck me up, Lana Wachowski. I'm ready.

-Vader

I agree that it looks and feels like nothing I've seen recently. But I didn't get the good kind of vibes from it :D The Matrix was definitely groundbreaking in many ways when it came out, so it is only natural that the sequel that is arriving 18 years later shows something strikingly different than what we're used to. So I totally get that. Still... it is just too weird for me at the moment.

Looks weird.

SO excited! Hyped! The mini trailer things they posted on the website had even crazier clips; this trailer is only the tip of the iceberg.