The Matrix: Resurrections (2021)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
This trilogy had a profound impact on me when I was 16. I still remember vividly when I saw them in the theater, multiple times. They honestly had a huge role in who I am, as cheesy and dumb as it sounds. It directed me into the art and literature and philosophy I'm interested in, and ultimately, to Christopher Nolan. For me, there is no Nolan in my life without this trilogy.

The trailer for this new film had a new impact on me. I was 16 again, but not 16. I'm 34. It was 2003 again. But it's not. It's 2021. Everything was familiar, but not. It feels very surreal. I feel exactly like Neo and Trinity in the cafe. I've been here before. I remember fragments, like a dream, but I know the dream of the trilogy was real. It's deja vu. It's exactly the point of what this film is going to be. It's not the type of cheap, corporate nostalgia I've become accustomed to. This is something real.

I'm floored, to be honest. It's one of the best trailers I've ever seen.

And for all the skeptics who might think this is a studio cash grab and a typical reboot of an old IP like countless others, I think you're going to be surprised. I think on a highly meta level, this is the anti-that.

And I highly suggest you watch the trilogy again (like I did this weekend) and keep in mind how anti-Hollywood those films were.

I really feel like this is going to be something fresh and different all over again. And it's coming from the original creator. And I think Reloaded and Revolutions are way more brilliant and profound and rich than people give them credit for. People wanted Hollywood sequels with a cookie cutter ending that was easily digestible, and it was never going to be that.

I'm 100% plugged in.

Somehow I can't take Keanu Reeves serious anymore as a actor. The trailer felt fanmade or like a meme

Angus wrote:
September 11th, 2021, 11:54 pm
This trilogy had a profound impact on me when I was 16. I still remember vividly when I saw them in the theater, multiple times. They honestly had a huge role in who I am, as cheesy and dumb as it sounds. It directed me into the art and literature and philosophy I'm interested in, and ultimately, to Christopher Nolan. For me, there is no Nolan in my life without this trilogy.

The trailer for this new film had a new impact on me. I was 16 again, but not 16. I'm 34. It was 2003 again. But it's not. It's 2021. Everything was familiar, but not. It feels very surreal. I feel exactly like Neo and Trinity in the cafe. I've been here before. I remember fragments, like a dream, but I know the dream of the trilogy was real. It's deja vu. It's exactly the point of what this film is going to be. It's not the type of cheap, corporate nostalgia I've become accustomed to. This is something real.

I'm floored, to be honest. It's one of the best trailers I've ever seen.

And for all the skeptics who might think this is a studio cash grab and a typical reboot of an old IP like countless others, I think you're going to be surprised. I think on a highly meta level, this is the anti-that.

And I highly suggest you watch the trilogy again (like I did this weekend) and keep in mind how anti-Hollywood those films were.

I really feel like this is going to be something fresh and different all over again. And it's coming from the original creator. And I think Reloaded and Revolutions are way more brilliant and profound and rich than people give them credit for. People wanted Hollywood sequels with a cookie cutter ending that was easily digestible, and it was never going to be that.

I'm 100% plugged in.
I’m with you, I’ll definitely watch it in IMAX

hype

Ace

Ace

Now THAT is a fucking trailer. I’m beyond hyped now :clap: watched it like 10 times today already lol

As much as I felt that the first trailer was lame in a way, I have to be honest: this could be one of those big-budget blockbusters that are so rare these days. Of course this is the fourth entry in a franchise, but I have no idea what to expect from it. I am looking forward to seeing it.