The Matrix: Resurrections (2021)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
NPH:
“It didn’t feel large because it felt like she was in her sweet spot, which was filming on the fly, filming using natural light. Sometimes you’d sit around for an hour waiting for the clouds to clear, and then you’d quickly film. You’d film pages at a time in 30 minutes and then be done.” He adds, “You would think that a giant movie would be 100% storyboarded, animatics, and we’d be checking off shots. I think she lived that before three times over, and I would suspect that she wants to do things her own way now. It wasn’t often that you felt that you were doing something gigantic because she made it feel very intimate.”
trailer when

Hype!

Ace

I'm so excited for this! And as much shit as I'm giving WB for putting all the films on HBO Max, at least I know this won't be postponed.

When Yahya Abdul-Mateen II says "This is the moment", I was shocked he didn't continue with "I've just told you you can't save me and you're gonna try to anyway. In the bar, the night we met, you asked me when I fall in love with you. This is the moment."

It's so weird that we're getting a 4th Matrix film after 18 (Jesus...) years, but I have a very, very bad feeling about this sequel. The whole thing doesn't seem relevant at all, and I don't mean the story or the "message" of living in a virtual world... but it feels more like a fake movie that they made for an SNL skit rather than a real Matrix sequel. I don't know why... maybe it's the time that has passed ever since.

Ok, I feel like I'm 14 all over again.