The Matrix: Resurrections (2021)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Well I hope they're going to blow some shit up in leather outfits lol but I also dig that we see them in different clothes now. Also, Trinity is back at it again with the Ducati.

How fucking surreal is it to see CAM and Keanu together again?

fuck, I'm enthused just seeing that pic

LelekPL wrote:
February 18th, 2020, 10:18 am
I'm still amazed that this movie is finally happening. But I'm even more amazed and pleasantly surprised by how big of a role Keanu and Carrie seem to be having in terms of action. With them racasting Morpheus I feared they'd be relegated to legacy characters only, like Luke in the new SW, or even worse, just a glorified cameo. But they seem to be in the action quite a lot.
Yes, but I'm still curious about this. I know Keanu is kicking ass in John Wick, but he and Carrie Anne are in their 50s now. Also, dont think Lana is repeating herself with all those kung fu wire work, that type of fight coreography is not groundbreaking anymore. So, I think they're going in a more phyloshophical route this time with them not fighting evil agents anymore, and leaving the fight sequences for the new cast.
I don't know, just a bit curious about this.

Cilogy wrote:
February 18th, 2020, 6:17 pm
How fucking surreal is it to see CAM and Keanu together again?

fuck, I'm enthused just seeing that pic

I'm hyped as fuck for this shit.

I love The Matrix trilogy and I love seeing Keanu and Carrie back at it again with Lana at the helm. I mean yeah they could leave the action-heavy oriented stuff to the younger cast but if you see what Keanu can still pull off at his age in the John Wick films, I'm sure as hell he and Carrie can still handle extensive action sequences.
They could go for the Neo/Trinity angle wherein they're guiding the younger cast as they usually do when they pick up a franchise basically decades after it ended with the original cast returning but I hope their roles are substantial if not just as much leads as the new cast.

I'm just really excited about this and I can't wait to find out what it's about. I'm the most anxious about the Morpheus angle, because Fishburne's performance is just so fucking good in the trilogy and I'd be sad if they completely left him out.

Fishburne and Weaving have EASILY been the best performances and characters in the franchise so it's interesting how they'll handle their absence.

I predict Morpheus and Agent Smith will be in the movie, just different versions of their characters played by new actors.

Well it's sort of confirmed
that Yahya plays a younger Morpheus, right?
They'll probably do something with the
multiple versions of the Matrix. I mean Revolutions ended with a new version iirc... Or at least a new continuation of the one the trilogy was set in? lol someone help me out here

Action scenes shot on location in San Francisco:
More in this link
There's also another video to be found on twitter
with helicopters and explosions
Continue to dig the practical approach

Guess the first trailer will arrive with a blockbuster this Autumn?

In other news, this is one of the few (?) blockbusters in production that is still actually in production. They're currently shooting in Germany, in one of the biggest studios.

And tbh, considering Billie Eilish looks like she stepped out of the Matrix, it'd be cool if she makes a song for in the movie ngl