Halloween Kills (2021) / Halloween Ends (2022)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
October 16, 2020 has been reserved for an untitled Blumhouse film by Universal. The previous Halloween film took in $255 million world-wide on a $10 million budget.

Jamie Lee Curtis is all but assured to return as Laurie Strode, the tough-as-nails franchise survivor who may just be Michael Myers’ worst nightmare, while Judy Greer and Andi Matichak are expected to reprise their respective roles as Laurie’s daughter and granddaughter, though talent deals have yet to close. Not too many other people survived the events of 2018’s Halloween, so expect Blumhouse to introduce a new cast of supporting characters, i.e. a new batch of victims for The Shape.

source

Can't wait :clap:

I loooooved the last one so I'll definitely be watching the sequel. Green and McBride did a hell of a job. It kind of makes sense that comedians would have talent for creating horror since both of them are extremely hard to pull off and require great timing and knowledge of your audience.

Yeah it's great to see a GOOD horror resurgence and I'll be for both of those day one... but in terms of slasher, Halloween has been the only one to be successfully resurrected. Candyman is coming next year so that would make two.

We've got a pretty decent Slasher series on Netflix, a horrible Scream series and that's about it.

I still don't understand what's taking them so long to make a Friday the 13th movie. It's the easiest one to make. All you need is dumb teenagers, a lake, partying, nudity and PRACTICAL gore. To quote Randy from Scream "it's a very simple formula". I thought the 2009 remake was pretty much spot on for this trashy (and fun) franchise.

And as for the granddaddy of slasher icons, I wonder when they'll announce a new NOES version. I hated the remake but there's still a chance for another version to be successful if they get a similar talent they got for It.

Well it's good they seem to be going for a Quadrilogy with this. With an actual ending.