Dune: The Sisterhood

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Ace
Based on Frank Herbert's novel, the female-focused take will be directed by Denis Villeneuve and written by Jon Spaihts.

WarnerMedia's forthcoming streaming service is poised to explore the world of Dune.

The yet-unnamed platform has handed out a straight-to-series order for Dune: The Sisterhood, a female-focused take on Frank Herbert's beloved novel. Denis Villeneuve, who wrote, produced and directed next year's new take on Dune, will helm the pilot. Jon Spaihts will pen the script for the TV series, which hails from Legendary Television. Villeneuve and Spaihts will exec produce alongside Brian Herbert, Byron Merritt and Kim Herbert for the Frank Herbert estate. Kevin J Anderson will co-produce. Spaihts co-wrote the screenplay alongside Villeneuve.

Production on the Dune feature, which hails from Legendary Entertainment and is being distributed by Warner Bros. Pictures, began filming in March. The feature film's cast includes Timothee Chalamet as the lead character, Paul Atreides, Rebecca Ferguson, Dave Bautista, Stellan Skarsgard, Charlotte Rampling, Javier Bardem, Josh Brolin, Jason Momoa, Zendaya, Oscar Isaac and David Dastmalchian. It's scheduled to premiere Nov. 20, 2020.

Herbert's Dune novel examines a future in which humanity has spread across the galaxy to thousands of worlds, all ruled by the Padishah Emperor, The Imperium. Dune: The Sisterhood takes place in the same universe and explores the future through the eyes of a mysterious order of women: the Bene Gesserit. Given abilities by their mastery of the body and the mind, the Bene Gesserit expertly weave through the feudal politics and intrigue of The Imperium, pursuing plans of their own that will ultimately lead them to the enigmatic planet Arrakis — known to its inhabitants as Dune.

"The Bene Gesserit have always been fascinating to me. Focusing a series around that powerful order of women seemed not only relevant and inspiring but a dynamic setting for the television series,” Villeneuve said.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live- ... ia-1217286

Waaaaaat with even Villeneuve directing the pilot: so fuckin in

It all should have been a TV series to begin with. The movie isn't going to do amazing relative to the budget, and they're only adapting half a book.

MagnarTheGreat wrote:
June 12th, 2019, 6:13 pm
It all should have been a TV series to begin with. The movie isn't going to do amazing relative to the budget, and they're only adapting half a book.

Pessimists. I've seen the syfy series and they're pretty damn bad. I mean yeah, you could say it's faithful to the book, more so than Lynch's film but it's not even an adaptation. It's just taking scenes from the book and shooting them without a real filmmaker at the helm know what I mean? Villeneuve is a great storyteller and a great filmmaker not all directors are both of that. I think that the fact that he's very passionate about the material which even leads to him directing this series pilot and the passion of the cast members and the great crew he's assembled are going to pay off in the film. Have a little faith. Dune is rich in it's themes, it's philosophy, it's spectacle I think the only other medium it can be truly great in is in film. With someone like Villeneuve steering this in the, assuming, right direction this can be it's own neat thing, too.

I mean it'll def be a great movie but it just might not be a huge box office hit.

dune will do well because it's basically game of thrones

Ace

The series, which is based on Frank Herbert’s classic novel, is set 10,000 years before the ascension of Paul Atreides and follows the Harkonnen Sisters, played by Watson and Henderson, as they combat forces that threaten the future of humankind, and establish the fabled sect known as the Bene Gesserit.

Watson and Henderson will portray Valya Harkonnen and Tula Harkonnen, respectively, the formidable Harkonnen Sisters, who have risen to power in the Sisterhood, a secret organization of women who will go on to become the Bene Gesserit.

Another prequel series. New Mario movie. The Last of Us adpatation. Martin Scorsese was so right.

Ace