Armageddon Time (2022)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
James Gray has already his new project in mind !!!! :
https://www.indiewire.com/2019/05/armag ... 202142037/
We still don’t know what exactly to expect from James Gray’s sci-fi drama “Ad Astra” when it premieres September 20, but we do know what Gray’s lining up next. Variety reports that the “Two Lovers” and “The Immigrant” filmmaker is set to write and direct “Armageddon Time,” an autobiographical drama about growing up in mid-1980s Queens, New York. But wait, there’s more: “Fred Trump, the Queens-based real estate developer who sired Donald Trump, and the current president will appear as characters, although the events will unfold long before there was ever a Trump in the White House.”

RT Features, the production company responsible for “Ad Astra,” is also working with Gray on this next venture. “It’s a personal story for James,” the company’s Rodrigo Teixeira told Variety. “You have the whole world of the Trumps dealing with that school and the students who go to that school.” He added, “James is back in the independent world with this film.”

“RT Features is the best partner a director could ask for — they’ve got great taste, and they know how to support the filmmaker; I’m thrilled to be working with them again,” said Gray in a statement.

Gray doing his Roma! In my veins! Now! Please!

nolannolanchrischris wrote:
June 16th, 2020, 3:28 pm
Robert De Niro, Oscar Isaac, Donald Sutherland & Anne Hathaway Join Cate Blanchett In James Gray’s ‘Armageddon Time’
https://deadline.com/2020/06/robert-de- ... 202960380/
Donald Sutherland as the Ice King is perfect casting.
I'm assuming Anne Hathaway plays Princess Bubblegum and Cate Blanchett plays Marcelene?
Oscar Isaac as Finn and Robert De Niro as Jake the Dog, of course.

James Gray's films tend to have great casting, so I'm not too worried. I mean, have we already forgotten how Brad Pitt nailed the role of Steven Universe in Gray's previous gritty Cartoon Network adaptation?

Great cast! My man Gray gonna give us another masterpiece.

OMG trully excited !! It's great that James Gray and PTA are both coming with a coming of age story for their respective next project !!

Nolan62 wrote:
June 20th, 2020, 12:03 pm
OMG trully excited !! It's great that James Gray and PTA are both coming with a coming of age story for their respective next project !!
Alas it makes Phoenix unemployed.

Demoph wrote:
June 20th, 2020, 5:49 pm
Nolan62 wrote:
June 20th, 2020, 12:03 pm
Alas it makes Phoenix unemployed.
He's a father , he has other business to deal with now, be the house husband.

And he said the movie will be influenced by The 400 Blows and Amarcord. Very excited about it.

Who's James Gray sleeping with to get the money for his next film after how much Ad Astra bombed?