Greatest TV Show of All-Time (Poll)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

Greatest TV Show of All-Time-Poll

Breaking Bad
16%
Game of Thrones
10%
Sopranos
19%
The Wire
16%
Other
39%

Total votes: 31

Since GoT is on its last run and the conversation will likely begin soon thereafter about where it ranks among the all-time great TV shows, I figured I'd see where the Nolan Fans Community stands on the question. If you choose, "Other" feel free to state your opinion on what you believe is the best TV series of all-time.

The Leftovers. Not even close for me.

Because of its masterful writing, real, flawed characters, and the relentless exploration of human societies, human problems, and our failure to react to these problems, to me The Wire will always stand as the best television show ever created. It has achieved something I've yet to see these days in television. It seems like no one is really going for this sort of real exploration of aspects of modern life that The Wire championed in the early 2000s. So, it has to be The Wire. It's not simply a TV show, it's a truly important piece of art.

Why make a poll with such limited options? Why not just have a thread where we talk about it?

Bacon wrote:
April 17th, 2019, 1:15 pm
Why make a poll with such limited options? Why not just have a thread where we talk about it?
We can still talk about it in this thread, but the poll options I included were based on what I typically see included in the discussions of best TV shows of all time.

Lock this thread

Then open it once Game of Thrones has aired it's final episode.

There's literally no reason to vote for this without the finale

This list is shit. Where is Jay Jay the Jet Plane?

Top 5 for me:
The Wire
Breaking Bad
Six Feet Under
The Shield
The Sopranos