The Falcon and the Winter Soldier (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Master Virgo wrote:
April 22nd, 2021, 3:29 pm
but then she does this mischievous smirk here and there
wow, she really does.
even in the finale, when walker confronts her, and she undermines lemar’s life, she does that shit eating grin as she pulls on her mask to fight walker. that was honestly such an oddly confusing scene. now i’m no fan of walker, but the show affords him tons more complexity via writing (and acting), but this scene was unintentional mixed signals through and through. karli, however, comes across as a sociopath and it honestly drove me crazy to see just how much sam apparently saw in her to go that far to try and redeem her. the show does a piss poor job at characterizing her and her inner conflict (if she had any, i honestly cannot tell!), but the worst part is, sam doesn’t know it either, yet acts as if he does. i’m generally of the opinion that most actors aren’t terrible and depend on direction, and seeing how all over the place the writing here was (ranging from incredible to downright awful), i feel like she was likely heavily misled.

We always knew the quality of the show would mostly depend on the ending. And damn, they completely failed it.
So much is unearned.And even the ideas they had for the action scenes are pretty uninteresting. It's a lot of action, but with no ideas how to progressively grow the stakes and not make it repetitive.
I kinda respect Marvel for making a show where you don't necessarily align with what the heroes do, but the issue is the show makes it feel like it'a as obvious they're right as in previous MCU installments.
And the US Agent scene (they could have winked at the camera, or shown a link to a wikipedia page at this point), and the power broker twist that lasts 20 seconds, and bringing back Batroc, when whatever he does could have been done by one of the Flagsmashers... It really feels like a first draft.