WandaVision (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Bacon wrote:
August 25th, 2019, 6:32 pm

Being a massive fan of these two characters and the respective actors that portray them, this looks and sounds pointless.

EDIT: Kat Dennings and Randall Park will also be reprising their characters in this... :|
Ever heard of Tom King’s Vision series?

No, but you've now peaked my interest.

-knows next to nothing about project shrouded in secrecy
-what we do know connects to the next dr strange movie and seems cosmic and weird
-says sounds 'completely pointless'

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
August 25th, 2019, 6:59 pm
-knows next to nothing about project shrouded in secrecy
-what we do know connects to the next dr strange movie and seems cosmic and weird
-says sounds 'completely pointless'

-Vader
Calling a Marvel show featuring one of the most tragic characters in the universe a "half-sitcom" with little other details is a hard sell, and trying to act high and mighty for simply thinking otherwise is arrogant.

i think having strong opinions about things you know almost nothing about is a big waste of time tbh

frankly taking two characters and stuffing them into a kind of odd cosmic sitcom sounds totally off the beaten path and i sorta wonder what they'll be up to with it. if it's good, great, if not, why waste time caring?

i don't know what all of you get out of having such big opinions about so little info

-Vader

As a fan of these characters, me not being excited about a show about them is disappointing for me. I want this to be one of the main things I'm excited about in Phase 4, but between the name and the brief description they've released, it feels...odd. There's a way to tease something without showing much and generating intrigue and this has failed to do it (until m4 hinted it might be borrowing from an actual comic arc).
if it's good, great, if not, why waste time caring?
Is this a joke? Because I'm invested in the two lead characters and they deserve something more than what they've gotten in the films imo? Maybe this will be it and I'll fall in love with the show or maybe Dr. Strange 2 will be that for the characters (one of the only MCU films that I'm pumped for), but I'm allowed to speculate or care about a part of a franchise I have this much stake in. That's like asking with a straight face why we care about or have any strong feelings of excitement about Tenet. "If it's good, cool. If not, why would we care?" We know why we care, and I figured this kind of thing wouldn't need an explanation.

What I would give to see this show go full-on Lynchian weird.

you are much more invested in these two characters than I am so I guess I get it?

personally, my default setting is typically 'wait and see' rather than write things off I guess. as I said in the TROS thread, I don't see much utility in cynicism. The fact this is a weird as fuck premise that's gunna set up Dr. Strange MOM is enough to pique my interest.

-Vader

Vision might be my second favourite MCU character but I wish they had let him stay dead. It was a good ending for the character. But maybe they have an interesting story here, who knows.

Tom King’s Vision is highly recommended, comics are awesome.