WandaVision (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Looking forward to seeing what Phase 4 is all about. Will watch everything, from WV to Winter Soldier and Loki. But my heart belongs to that final quarter and Ms Marvel/Hawkeye. Cannot wait! Original Ms. run and Fraction's Hawkeye are still some of my favorite comic books of all time.

Debuts on RT with 93% (average score: 8.09/10) after 79 reviews in

Debuts on Metacritic with 75/100 after 24 reviews

The first two episodes were so charming. Olsen and Bettany did a good job of capturing that classic sitcom acting and Kathryn Hahn was great as usual.

Hahn is so good here.

This show is so far a delight to watch, but also uncharacteristically for Marvel, quite intriguing as well.

This is great! And with genuine shades of Lynch. On the road to being some of my favorite in the MCU.

-Vader

The past two eps have been best yet.

Yeah, I am loving this show. I am def not overthinking it and not trying hard to look for Easter Eggs or whatever, but it’s highly enjoyable and just great overall.
It could end up being a problem for me sometime in the future that I couldn’t give less shits about Wanda and Vision’s kids lol.

Quite enjoying this so far.

Vader182 wrote:
January 18th, 2021, 4:27 am
This is great! And with genuine shades of Lynch. On the road to being some of my favorite in the MCU.

-Vader
LMFAO

I have issues with the pacing of this show in the last three episodes. They are using the fact that they have around 4 hour and a half (which is not that much for a TV show) to tell the story in order to have more events and more storylines but in the end, but not to give more time and weight to each sequence (except in the first episodes).
Monica is not really more developped than any sidekick in the MCU: she's given an introduction, yes, but except her first 10 minutes, her arc has not been more interesting than Black Widow in Iron Man 2, Falcon in Winter Soldier, etc...
The villain(s), as of now are not interesting (and there's only two episodes left).
The great thing about TV show, normally is that you can have 4-5 minutes conversations, but here, the meaningful conversations don't last longer than in any action film.
I still really liked the arc of Vision in the last two episodes and I think they can find a beautiful way to end Wanda's arc. I just wished, since it's a TV show, that they could make me care for more than two characters.
As of now, it's a 7/10 for me, but of course the best is most likely yet to come.