Megalopolis (2024)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
See Driver’s full statement below:

I’d like to briefly respond to The Hollywood Reporter article published Monday, January 9th,” he said. “All good here! Not sure what set you’re talking about! I don’t recognize that one! I’ve been on sets that were chaotic and this one is far from it.

“The environment that’s being created by Francis, is one of focus and inspiration. As of now, we’re on schedule, making our days, and honestly, it’s been one of the best shooting experiences I’ve had. Our crew is fast and inventive, our costume department is on point, the actors are incredible and willing, and Francis is one of the most insightful and caring people to work with. I’m very proud to be making this movie with him, and them, and though I haven’t interviewed everyone, I can confidently say that that’s the general attitude on set.

“Yes, it is true that the art department resigned and VFX were let go. Not all departments find cohesion on films and rather than suffer through and making decisions that leave a lasting impression on the film, people quit, get fired, or part ways. It’s unfortunate when it happens, but this production is not out of pocket in comparison to other productions; especially to the point that it merits an article about us descending into chaos. That characterization is inaccurate.

No one signed up for this movie expecting the process to be conventional. We were expecting the opposite in the pursuit of making something unique. The only madness I’ve observed is that more productions aren’t allowed to be as creatively wild and experimentally focused, precisely because someone else is paying for it. It’s an effort and risk by Francis that I feel should be applauded, not publicly mischaracterized as troubled.
Love my Francis going all in one last time. Really hope he can finish the film. It's going to be a tough one, it's exaxtly the kind of film that keeps bombing in theater, now.
Master Virgo wrote:
January 10th, 2023, 3:48 am
Oscar Isaac seems to have dodged a bullet.
Driver coming in and getting passion project form Mann, Gilliam and Coppola as well as an eight-years in the making Carax film is what makes a career stand out. He was also in one of Scorsese's most passionate project.
I'm here for whatever FFC has to offer and am grateful for Driver's career's choice.

Driver is becoming the new Tom Cruise in that he keeps working with some of the most influential filmmakers of all time, in some of their less recognized and appreciated efforts.

I'd be surprised if this film doesn't continue that trend. Particularly with critics who are rarely kind to movies featuring cancelled actors these days. Not to mention this is Coppola's first film in the so-called post Me Too era. So I wonder if his business with Victor Salva ever resurfaces after the movie has attracted some spotlight.