Gemini Man (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

Well damn. This sounds cool

Hoping this is good. Really like Ang and hope Will comes thru. That guy needs it badly.

But, why 120FPS again?

Nomis wrote:
April 5th, 2019, 9:37 am
But, why 120FPS again?
Artistic decision? I mean Life Of Pi in 3D would have look totally amazing with higher frame rate. I hate every single 3D movies running at 24fps especially at fast motion parts of the film. I guessed I'm a very few who enjoyed the 60fps for The Hobbit because the 3D looks great with that frame rate and my eyes never got tired at the end. Another thing is that I'm pretty sure Ang Lee is still experimenting with this format because he wanted to shoot a boxing movie "Thrilla In Manila" and to see if the audiences is going to accept this.

Another thing is that it's more beneficial and more creative freedom to shoot at 120fps rather then 24fps. It's easier to remove frames than to add them. It's like 1080p vs 4K. I mean most of the digital films that shot in 1080p back then totally regret it now since there's no way to scale that up properly since it's ain't celluloid(which you can scan them).

LEXX wrote:
April 5th, 2019, 1:19 pm
Another thing is that it's more beneficial and more creative freedom to shoot at 120fps rather then 24fps. It's easier to remove frames than to add them. It's like 1080p vs 4K. I mean most of the digital films that shot in 1080p back then totally regret it now since there's no way to scale that up properly since it's ain't celluloid(which you can scan them).
Shutter speed though

Even the 24FPS blu-ray was way too smooth. I think 60FPS is the highest they should go when it comes to convincing HFR... 120 is just too much. Also, aren't there one like a handful of theaters worldwide who can screen it in 4K/120FPS/3D? Doubt any of those are even in Europe.

Also yeah, 3D looks a lot more pleasing in HFR but it still does not make me care for it. I hope Lee goes more experimental with his direction and framing like he was with Life of Pie rather than with Long Halftime Walk.

Looking forward to Smith's performance though.

nice

will they release it in HFR tho lol

Man, I hope that there will be a theater in my area that will release this in HFR. I want to experience what it will look like if it's done right.

Totally can't wait for the trailer. Hopefully this will be a good movie and not just Lee experimenting with the technology. Interesting is that Marco Beltrami is the composer. One thing I will give Ang Lee is that most of his movies the soundtrack are pretty right on the money.