2019-2020 Awards Season

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I forget...Why do a lot of the women on film twitter hate Tarantino??? I thought Uma forgave him? I mean her daughter is in the OUATIH? You'd think if Uma had issues with him still that wouldn't have happened.

What part of twitter?
If it's film twitter they're just bandwagoners.

I was happy for Awkwafina. She just seems like a real genuine person and her performance was terrific. Pitt’s speech was great too.

Lincoln wrote:
January 6th, 2020, 2:07 am
This is about awards, my post was literal about awards, And according to Metacritic that film is inferior. End
haha what a story mark

Happy for Awkwafina! Hope she nabs an Oscar nomination too

The awards overall were really decent and there were no awards that made me go "really? them?"

Ricky Gervais is boring. Like his whole schtick is "look at me lecturing rich people even though I'm rich too!" like shut up bruh. you're not one of us. just make a "i haven't seen you since last decade" joke or some shit.

I wonder if there will be any performances nominated at the Oscars which didn't get a Golden Globe nomination like Pugh or Chalamet for Little Women or Dafoe and Pattinson for The Lighthouse.

I would like to say many big thank yous to everyone on this amazing website for supporting me and my new epic World War I film that won a Best Drama Picture Golden Globe yesterday. Your kindness and welcoming attitudes and deep interest in my filmmaking were the things that kept me going, and I cannot thank you enough for your support. This is a beautiful and historic day for the filmmaking craft.

I hope to see you all in theaters this week. You have supported and loved me so much it’s only fair of me to not reimburse any of your ticket costs. Please buy tickets to see 1917 with your real money. I love you all.

I love that Cox, Succession, Skarsgård and Chernobyl won. Such great series and wonderful performances.

I thought Ricky was once again really funny. Is the topic of his jokes kind of repetitive? Sure, but he adds enough modern references to make it still funny, especially since he does this only once in a couple of years.

As for the winners? The globes are irrelevant so there's really nothing to comment on. It's just a better show than the oscars.