Nomadland (2020)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Written and directed by Chloe Zhao (The Rider), starring Frances McDormand, David Strathairn, Linda May and Charlene Swankie. Based upon the non-fiction book "Nomadland: surviving america in the twenty-first century" by Jessica Bruder.

Nomadland is a road movie following Fern (McDormand), a woman in her sixties, who after losing everything in the Great Recession embarks on a journey through the American West, living as a van-dwelling modern-day nomad.
Zhao:
“As I fell in love with the American west, it was impossible not to become fascinated with the roads that lead to the many adventures beyond the horizon. I’m very fortunate to be able to hit the road with a talented team and collaborate with a cast of professional and non-professional actors who are deeply giving and inspiring. I can’t wait to share their stories and what we’ve discovered along the way,”

This year's Venice line-up feels like a flop.

neat af premise

Ace

shocked this thread only has 4 replies as of now. Anyone get to watch it at TIFF's virtual screening?

Looking forward to this. The Rider is a beautiful film for those who haven't checked it out.

The Rider is great. Beautiful. It's almost a bomb under the table thriller...but the bomb is toxic masculinity. Can't wait for this.

-Vader

Still need to see The Rider. Planning on it soon.

news came today that The Rider will be released in China soon following Chole Zhao winning the golden lion, yea!