Nomadland (2020)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
The Rider is great

Releasing next week...virtually (!) for one week only. Clearly purely to qualify for critics awards which are sticking to calendar year eligibility. Searchlight would have def delayed until Feb 19 as per the above article otherwise.

The Rider was terrific. I saw this when it screened virtually at the New York International Film Festival and it's a worthy follow up work. Beautifully directed, shot, scored and acted.

Ace

Forum Pro
Ace wrote:
December 14th, 2020, 10:07 am
that music is so sublime

This is incredible. A road movie elegy both for forgotten people and those who have passed, full of fireside wisdom and images of nearly spiritual beauty. The interludes of testimonials by actors and non-actors alike, sharing the truth of their lives and experiences, were my favorite parts of the movie.

Between this and The Rider, simply one of the most compelling filmmakers working today.

-Vader

It’s beautiful and has the best score and cinematography of the year, scenes towards the end are particular moving... that said I wish I connected with and loved this more as a whole.

Suprisingly I really liked it. So far it is the best of 2021. I say surprisingly because it's not a topic I'd really see myself dive into.
Vader182 wrote:
February 20th, 2021, 8:57 pm
full of fireside wisdom and images of nearly spiritual beauty. The interludes of testimonials by actors and non-actors alike, sharing the truth of their lives and experiences, were my favorite parts of the movie.
To me it seems too much of an out there concept and as smart way of life as Into the Wild was a great idea for a hiking trip :P

But in there there is a great story about grief and difficulty of moving on that really connected with me and with the beautiful cinematography combined with the use of Einaudi's music it really impressed me and I am looking towards more from this director.