Looper (2012)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
banepants wrote:Fellow Nolan Fans, I come to you in the name of the director, the cinematographer, and the editor. Please guide me through deciding if I want to purchase Looper on Blu-ray today. In your non-linear name, Amen.
Yes you should. Not only does the film hold up to multiple viewings, but the special features are kick ass.
"It doesn't matter how you get knocked down in life because that's going to happen. All that matters is you gotta get up."

Forum Pro
Law
banepants wrote:Fellow Nolan Fans, I come to you in the name of the director, the cinematographer, and the editor. Please guide me through deciding if I want to purchase Looper on Blu-ray today. In your non-linear name, Amen.
Don't, it sucks.

I will also be buying this Blu Ray very soon I think, what exactly are the special features again?

christophmac wrote:I will also be buying this Blu Ray very soon I think, what exactly are the special features again?
I think this covers it all...

Audio Commentary: Writer/Director Rian Johnson and Actors Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Emily Blunt deliver an interesting track that serves up a fairly routine set of insights, including set design, shooting locales (including traveling to Shanghai), character design both internal and external, digital effects, filmmaking techniques, details within the film, transitioning from script to screen, anecdotes from the set, actor performances, and plenty more. This is a good, entertaining, and informative track that fans will enjoy. Blunt does not appear until about eight minutes in. With optional English subtitles.

Deleted Scenes (HD, 36:50): Club Entrance Original Cut, Sneaking Into the Belle, Outside the Belle, Pawnshop and Belle Revisited, Kid Blue Sees Joe Rejected, Suzie Never Wants to See Joe Again, Old Seth Original Cut, It's Not Joe, China Sequence - Original Cut, Gat in a Steel Box, Kid Blue Detective Story, Straws and Salt, Kid Blue Escapes, Sara Decides Not to Dump Joe, Meet Daniel, Evening Lessons, Canady and Kid Blue, Kesse Searches the Laundry, Old Joe Can't Stop, Old Joe Confronts Suzie, Abe Gathers the Troops, and Sara Walks to the Field. With optional Rian Johnson and Actor Noah Segan commentary.
The Future from the Beginning (HD, 7:52): Cast and crew discuss the project's history, cast performances and the characters they play, Gordon-Levitt's prosthetics and playing a younger version of Bruce Willis, the extensive use of practical effects, and Rian Johnson's work.

The Science of Time Travel (HD, 8:29): Brian Clegg, Author of How to Build a Time Machine, looks at the literary history of time travel, the science behind it, and the "rules" of time travel.

Scoring Looper (HD, 16:18): A three-part feature with Composer Nathan Johnson that examines the unique process of making the film's music. Segments include Field Recordings, Percussion, and Melodic Instruments.

Looper Animated Trailer (HD, 1:34).

Previews (HD): Parker, Premium Rush, Universal Soldier: Day of Reckoning, Company of Heroes, Seven Psychopaths, and Lockout.
"It doesn't matter how you get knocked down in life because that's going to happen. All that matters is you gotta get up."

DoubleD wrote:
christophmac wrote:I will also be buying this Blu Ray very soon I think, what exactly are the special features again?
I think this covers it all...

Audio Commentary: Writer/Director Rian Johnson and Actors Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Emily Blunt deliver an interesting track that serves up a fairly routine set of insights, including set design, shooting locales (including traveling to Shanghai), character design both internal and external, digital effects, filmmaking techniques, details within the film, transitioning from script to screen, anecdotes from the set, actor performances, and plenty more. This is a good, entertaining, and informative track that fans will enjoy. Blunt does not appear until about eight minutes in. With optional English subtitles.

Deleted Scenes (HD, 36:50): Club Entrance Original Cut, Sneaking Into the Belle, Outside the Belle, Pawnshop and Belle Revisited, Kid Blue Sees Joe Rejected, Suzie Never Wants to See Joe Again, Old Seth Original Cut, It's Not Joe, China Sequence - Original Cut, Gat in a Steel Box, Kid Blue Detective Story, Straws and Salt, Kid Blue Escapes, Sara Decides Not to Dump Joe, Meet Daniel, Evening Lessons, Canady and Kid Blue, Kesse Searches the Laundry, Old Joe Can't Stop, Old Joe Confronts Suzie, Abe Gathers the Troops, and Sara Walks to the Field. With optional Rian Johnson and Actor Noah Segan commentary.
The Future from the Beginning (HD, 7:52): Cast and crew discuss the project's history, cast performances and the characters they play, Gordon-Levitt's prosthetics and playing a younger version of Bruce Willis, the extensive use of practical effects, and Rian Johnson's work.

The Science of Time Travel (HD, 8:29): Brian Clegg, Author of How to Build a Time Machine, looks at the literary history of time travel, the science behind it, and the "rules" of time travel.

Scoring Looper (HD, 16:18): A three-part feature with Composer Nathan Johnson that examines the unique process of making the film's music. Segments include Field Recordings, Percussion, and Melodic Instruments.

Looper Animated Trailer (HD, 1:34).

Previews (HD): Parker, Premium Rush, Universal Soldier: Day of Reckoning, Company of Heroes, Seven Psychopaths, and Lockout.
Thanks, I think I'd be particularly interested in seeing all of those deleted scenes, and definitely the commentary.

christophmac wrote:
Thanks, I think I'd be particularly interested in seeing all of those deleted scenes, and definitely the commentary.
The commentary is great. My favorite of the special features.

RyanRises wrote:
Bacon wrote: Is this the actual music that plays during it? :|
Yes. :|
LIAR :x