Looper (2012)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
sounds pretty insane

nice to hear bruce so excited
Quint: That’s great. Now I think you might be working with a friend of mine, Rian Johnson, on his flick Looper…
Bruce Willis: Oh cool, yeah I am. I love that script. Love that script.
Quint: I’m very much looking forward to that.
Bruce Willis: That script is in a handful of scripts that I read and said yes to right away. I was like “This is unbelievable.” It’s really smart and the idea that it’s a big idea of time travel and the first page or second page he says, “Yeah, but it’s not that big a deal. They didn’t invent anything after that, so everybody said ‘Fuck it!’ Time travel!”
Quint: And it’s very illegal, that’s all you’ve got to know.
Bruce Willis: It’s just against the law and it’s so cool. I can’t wait.
Quint: And it’s really dark.
Bruce Willis: Really dark.
Quint: I read it after I had heard that you were going to be involved with it and, in terms of the tone, it reminded me a lot of TWELVE MONKEYS, so I can see where they were able to hook you…
Bruce Willis: Yes. That’s a great call, it really is, and hopefully we can shoot it like that. A guy goes back to kill himself, his own younger self? How is that…. I want to go see it right away.
Quint: And I love the whole concept of being able to track the looper by… or to blackmail them essentially into turning themselves in.
Bruce Willis: You know where you are going to be.
Quint: And suddenly fingers start disappearing and all of that stuff, it’s such a crazy…
Bruce Willis: It’s such a huge leap and yet the story is… I love time travel. It’s really smart and yet it’s not about time travel as much as it is about mistakes you have made and things you don’t want to do and your little childhood self coming near your adult life going “No, you’re not going to do that. I’ve got to fucking kill me.” It’s great, so yeah I’m really excited about that.
Quint: He’s a great shooter. I spent some time on BROTHERS BLOOM, just as a guest on the set watching him work. He is so into it, but he is also so composed and he has everything ready.
Bruce Willis: Oh good. There is a lot that has to be gotten ready for that story, but I can’t wait. I’m really excited about it.

sounds like there will be a lot of psychological depth and plot twists to it

Yeah it really does. This is arguably my most anticipated film coming out.

allstarr55js wrote:Yeah it really does. This is arguably my most anticipated film coming out.
Mines Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy.

IWatchFilmsNotMovies wrote:
allstarr55js wrote:Yeah it really does. This is arguably my most anticipated film coming out.
Mines Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy.

same here

Director of Primer Shane Carruth will provide special effects for the film.

Also a more official plot synopis
Joe is a hitman who is employed by mobsters who live in the future and send people back in time for him to assassinate. This ruthless scheme ultimately puts Joe in grave danger when he shows up to do a hit and the person who has been sent back in time to to be murdered is himself, but thirty years older. Unable to pull the trigger, Joe must track down the person who wants him dead before his employers find out that he didn’t fulfill his end of the bargain.
http://wearemoviegeeks.com/2011/01/prim ... ns-looper/

joe said they start shooting next month

talli wrote:joe said they start shooting next month
Rian Johnson confirmed it starts shooting January 24th on twitter.

This movie should be solid.

allstarr55js wrote:Director of Primer Shane Carruth will provide special effects for the film.

Also a more official plot synopis
Joe is a hitman who is employed by mobsters who live in the future and send people back in time for him to assassinate. This ruthless scheme ultimately puts Joe in grave danger when he shows up to do a hit and the person who has been sent back in time to to be murdered is himself, but thirty years older. Unable to pull the trigger, Joe must track down the person who wants him dead before his employers find out that he didn’t fulfill his end of the bargain.
http://wearemoviegeeks.com/2011/01/prim ... ns-looper/

Did anyone else really dislike Primer? :shifty: