Looper (2012)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Brothers Bloom is one of my all time favourites, rare you get to experience pure joy when watching a film. Seen it 10 times. Still dont understand it though. Brick was good, laborious but it's his first film. I'd be proud of that. Got the script for Looper like a year ago. Classic. Got this feeling that as well as musically, visually it's gonna be spectacular. I think Blade Runner had influence. Cast and locations are awesome.

Seriously though.. I would not be suprised if time travel has been invented by the time this film comes out. Is taking forever.......Not even a teaser trailer! :JGLface:

cooldued wrote:I'm mainly excited for this because of JGL and Rian Johnson.
Well.... I would think that would be most people's reason, unless you are a massive Garrett Dillahunt fan.

I don't care what anyone says around here but JGl is one of the best young actor around and deserve more credit than he gets. 2012 will be the year when ppl start to acknowledge it.
I think a fair amount of people acknowledge it.

I'm mainly excited for this because of JGL and Rian Johnson.

Well.... I would think that would be most people's reason, unless you are a massive Garrett Dillahunt fan.
So I was referring to my reasoning not others.
I don't care what anyone says around here but JGl is one of the best young actor around and deserve more credit than he gets. 2012 will be the year when ppl start to acknowledge it.

I think a fair amount of people acknowledge it.
[/quote]

Not enough though.

Really wish we could get something official from this.
"It doesn't matter how you get knocked down in life because that's going to happen. All that matters is you gotta get up."

In “Looper,” Joseph Gordon-Levitt plays a hitman in the near future whose targets have been sent back in time; one day, the man who turns up turns out to be an older version of the assassin. To bring the premise to life, Gordon-Levitt had to look (and act) like Bruce Willis, who plays the older incarnation of his character, and that meant spending three hours a day in the makeup chair.

“That was really scary because you commit to that and there’s no real way out of it,” said “Looper” writer-director Rian Johnson of using practical prosthetics to make one actor look more like the other. “But the biggest thing is Joe’s performance, he’s really doing Bruce in a big and daring way, but he strikes a balance between obviously imitating Bruce and also building this organic performance.”

“I did a part in Looper because I wanted to work with Rian. It’s a small part, but I have a couple really nice scenes. I think it’s gonna be badass. I think he’s super talented, I really liked him. Joe [Gordon-Levitt] is a great guy and a very good actor. It’s a very good script, and it’s best to not know anything because I think it’s gonna turn some heads.”
Paul Dano

Is there a script floating around out there for this?
"It doesn't matter how you get knocked down in life because that's going to happen. All that matters is you gotta get up."

DoubleD wrote:Is there a script floating around out there for this?

yup...and its really good. better than inception