Reminiscence (2021)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Allstar wrote:
April 20th, 2020, 4:36 pm
It’s not senseless either, Jackman has typically bad taste in projects.
Even most of his lukewarm bigger budget movies are still entertaining and mostly considered decent, with a few exceptions. Plenty other actors have more success and worse track records than he does. Especially considering when he does do something, there's usually a huge group of people saying "The movie wasn't great...but at least Jackman was great"

Doesn't mean much but on RT 19 of his movies have a fresh rating while 17 are rotten.

Most actors usually have a similar ratio of good to bad movies. Sometimes the script can be super compelling but then something gets lost in translation during filming. And sometimes you just need the money so you take whatever.

Artemis wrote:
April 20th, 2020, 9:56 pm
Doesn't mean much but on RT 19 of his movies have a fresh rating while 17 are rotten.
For an actor/star of his pedigree that is in position to choose his own projects that's kind of bad especially when you consider 4 to 5 of those fresh movies are X-Men. Prisoners, The Prestige and Logan are the only great movies he has been in. Again, I feel that is sort of a bad track record for someone who's been a star since the early 2000's.

Also, Bacon..I am not debating Jackman's talent or charisma... I am well aware he often elevates so-so material. His filmography is particularly awful looking when you compare him to say DiCaprio or Pitt.

Btw, I apologize to Law.

Allstar wrote:
April 20th, 2020, 6:32 pm
radewart wrote:
April 20th, 2020, 6:02 pm
I don't know I first though about Transcendence when I saw the release date.It's not unnatural to do that when the movie has Nolan ties, big scifi concept, and now has the same release date.
Thank you.

Nomis, I don’t really care what you have to say tbh. You’re far too biased to give an objective opinion here. I don’t even mean that as a negative, that’s just the truth. I wouldn’t expect you to take me commenting on your behavior seriously either which I could but I won’t.
Way to go man... Just when I (and more of us) thought you were improving your behavior...

Allstar wrote:
April 20th, 2020, 11:34 pm
Artemis wrote:
April 20th, 2020, 9:56 pm
For an actor/star of his pedigree that is in position to choose his own projects that's kind of bad especially when you consider 4 to 5 of those fresh movies are X-Men. Prisoners, The Prestige and Logan are the only great movies he has been in. Again, I feel that is sort of a bad track record for someone who's been a star since the early 2000's.

Also, Bacon..I am not debating Jackman's talent or charisma... I am well aware he often elevates so-so material. His filmography is particularly awful looking when you compare him to say DiCaprio or Pitt.

Btw, I apologize to Law.
Most of the rotten ratings are from the early aughts. If you look at like the past 10 years it's more fresh than rotten.

Ace
Interview with Hugh Jackman

What’s the status of Reminiscence?

JACKMAN: We finished filming, and they’re editing now. I don’t know exactly what they’re doing, but I guess (writer/director) Lisa [Joy] is probably editing at home. We finished filming, at the end of January. I’m really excited for that film. I loved doing it. I think Lisa is an incredible talent. I said yes to the movie, in my head. I didn’t say this to her because, you’ve gotta be cool, but she pitched me the movie. She said, “I’m gonna pitch it before you’ve read the script because I want you to understand the world of the film.” As she’s pitching, I’m like, “I’m doing this movie.” And then, I was reading the script, and 20 minutes into the script, I was like, “Honestly, I don’t even need to read this. I’m doing it.” It was that good and that exciting and that original, and I think audiences are really craving that. I’ve been part of a movie franchise, where I played the same character nine times. It’s important that I do some original content.

It sounds like a really cool sci-fi thriller, and to know that it’s original, what most impressed you about what Lisa Joy was able to create on set and about working with her?

JACKMAN: She’s like a savant, in the way that she prepares. She knows every cut and every angle. When she walks on the set, she has this preparation that you’ve never seen before, and a knowledge of how things are gonna go down, and because of that, which goes back to what you were saying about preparation, she has the ability to take on active suggestions. It feels like you’re really creating and flowing, but you have this foundation where you know you’re gonna make your day and you know you’re gonna create some things that have never been done before. And we were doing things in camera that have never been done before, but she had prepped it all. It was super exciting to be part of that. She’s just got an incredible brain. She never loses her temper. She always is laughing and having a good time. This was a really big film, and I was just proud to be part of it.

Does it also feel like a very different kind of character for you?

JACKMAN: Yeah, it does, and a different genre character than anything I’ve done. This puts me more in the Bogart world. It’s very much a film noir romance. Coming off of doing Frank, Gary Hart and The Greatest Showman, it’s been a really interesting time for me, and I’m really loving having the variety of characters that I’ve been offered and am lucky enough to do, but this does feel very different. And I got to work with Rebecca Ferguson again, who I think is ridiculously talented and amazing, and I love her. I had never met Thandie Newton before, but I now am equally as impressed with her.
Last edited by Ace on April 28th, 2020, 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hype intensifies!

I can't wait to see some footage, it has got all the right ingredients that's for sure lol

Would love to see anything with Rebecca Ferguson. Can't wait for this one.

Ace