Reminiscence (2021)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
ChristNolan wrote:
January 30th, 2019, 6:00 pm
Allstar wrote:
January 30th, 2019, 5:32 pm
Have a feeling this will be another ‘Transcendence’, damn forgot that movie even existed until just now.
That’s not very fair. Transcendence was directed by a traitorous cruise line commercial making hack. I’m rooting for Lisa.
and when it was announced you were rooting for Wally and excited about it. I'm rooting for her too but it's just the feeling I get.
Vader182 wrote:
January 30th, 2019, 5:40 pm
lisa joy is very smart and very talented but yeah

-Vader
Not saying she's not but Westworld is a mess of a show. Also, Jackman has overall terrible taste in projects so his involvement is not really a good sign of the quality of the script.

ooooo set in miami

i’m in

I guess i'm in. Lisa Joy has potential.

Ruth wrote:
January 30th, 2019, 7:12 pm
ooooo set in miami

i’m in

There's a link to the screenplay on Reddit if you search for it

Not sure if we're allowed to post links on here?

Interesting that the setting was changed from New York to Miami, I think this is a good move as visually it will look more unique than a typical Blade Runner style future

Ace
Warner Bros Lands Worldwide Rights To Lisa Joy-Directed ‘Reminiscence:’ Hugh Jackman, Rebecca Ferguson To Star

https://deadline.com/2019/03/hugh-jackm ... ssion=true
EXCLUSIVE: Warner Bros. has acquired worldwide distribution rights to Reminiscence, the Lisa Joy-directed action thriller that will star Hugh Jackman and Rebecca Ferguson. The film marks the directorial debut of Westworld executive producer Joy, who wrote the script. This was the hot package at Berlin, and the film sold in a competitive situation with several studios vying for the rights.

Joy, who wrote the screenplay, will produce with her Kilter Film partner Jonathan Nolan, along with Michael De Luca and Aaron Ryder. Athena Wickham and Elishia Holmes are exec producers. The film is a co-production between Kilter Films, Michael De Luca Productions and FilmNation Entertainment. The film will reunite Joy with frequent Westworld DP Paul Cameron. Principal Photography will take place in New Orleans and Miami beginning in late October, to allow Joy and Nolan to complete work on the HBO show’s third season.

Reminiscence follows one man’s journey to find the woman he loves after her mysterious disappearance. Jackman stars as Nicolas Bannister, a rugged and solitary veteran living in a near-future Miami flooded by rising seas. Bannister is an expert in a dangerous occupation — he offers clients the chance to relive any memory they desire. His life changes when he meets Mae, played by Ferguson. What begins as a simple matter of lost and found becomes a passionate love affair. But when a different client’s memories implicate Mae in a series of violent crimes, Bannister must delve through the dark world of the past to uncover the truth about the woman he fell for. An epic story that travels the intimate and infinite world of memory, Reminiscence asks: How far would you go to hold on to the ones you love?

Anyone who has seen the HBO series, on which Joy and Nolan are co-creator/showrunner/directors, has also gotten a preview of Joy’s ability to tell such sprawling, epic (and sometimes future-set) stories on a cinematic scale. Just before Endeavor Content and FilmNation brought the project to market in Hollywood and Berlin (where Joy gave a presentation), Joy eloquently pitched her vision in vivid detail to Deadline, and the buying crowd responded.

Ace
Thandie Newton Reteams With ‘Westworld’s’ Lisa Joy on ‘Reminiscence’
Following her Emmy win for her performance on “Westworld,” Thandie Newton is joining the feature directorial debut of the show’s co-creator.

Sources tell Variety that Newton is set to join Hugh Jackman and Rebecca Ferguson in Warner Bros.’ “Reminiscence,” directed by “Westworld’s” Lisa Joy.

The plot and details on who Newton will be playing are being kept under wraps.
https://variety.com/2019/film/news/than ... ssion=true

The cast so far...

Ace
Hong Kong Film Star Daniel Wu Joining Lisa Joy-Helmed ‘Reminiscence’ As Hugh Jackman’s Nemesis

https://deadline.com/2019/10/daniel-wu ... 202765874/
Daniel Wu, one of the leading actors of the Hong Kong film industry and most recently seen in MGM’s Tomb Raider and starring in and producing AMC’s martial arts drama Into The Badlands, will next star alongside Hugh Jackman and Rebecca Ferguson in Westworld EP Lisa Joy’s directorial debut Reminiscence, sources said.

Wu portrays a dangerous antagonist to Jackman’s character as both share scares from their love for the same woman.
Last edited by Ace on October 22nd, 2019, 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Forum Pro
Law
whoa