Reminiscence (2021)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Rebecca :twothumbsup: Rest very meh.

I'm a lot warmer on this than you guys seem to be.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
June 4th, 2021, 3:31 am
I'm a lot warmer on this than you guys seem to be.

-Vader
While I agree with your Twitter take that Joy directed the (2nd) Best episode of Westworld (let's not fuck around "Kiksuya" is the best episode of that show, no contest). This trailer feels like off-brand Nolan, in seemingly a very similar way as "Transcendence". Also, as I mentioned before, the trailer makes it seemly a high-tech version of Bigelow's Strange Days (masterpiece).

A Borges man wrote:
June 4th, 2021, 7:38 pm

While I agree with your Twitter take that Joy directed the (2nd) Best episode of Westworld (let's not fuck around "Kiksuya" is the best episode of that show, no contest). This trailer feels like off-brand Nolan, in seemingly a very similar way as "Transcendence". Also, as I mentioned before, the trailer makes it seemly a high-tech version of Bigelow's Strange Days (masterpiece).
While you can certainly have your own issues with the trailer for whatever reason, I think that perhaps most of your discomfort with it comes from all these comparisons to other works. Maybe it is inevitable for people to find resemblances but it doesn’t have to add such disinterest.

trailer looks very generic but would watch Rebecca Ferguson in anything

Paradoxicalparabola wrote:
June 5th, 2021, 2:41 am
A Borges man wrote:
June 4th, 2021, 7:38 pm

While you can certainly have your own issues with the trailer for whatever reason, I think that perhaps most of your discomfort with it comes from all these comparisons to other works. Maybe it is inevitable for people to find resemblances but it doesn’t have to add such disinterest.
Maybe, I guess I was just exercising my fingers.

im interested, but if we talk about genericness, that music they chose surely adds to the genericness, the sort of "cover of a known song but more dramatic and oversung", but its a trailer, hopefully its not boring.

DUNKIRKIE wrote:
June 5th, 2021, 2:55 am
Rebecca Ferguson

Ace

Please be good

Please be good

Please be good