Those Who Wish Me Dead (2021)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Angelina Jolie is teaming up with Hell or High Water scribe Taylor Sheridan for an original thriller titled Those Who Wish Me Dead.

Jolie would star while Sheridan, who wrote the script, will direct, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.

Bron Studios, which was involved in recent movies such as The Mule, Assassination Nation and A Simple Favor, are producing. Also producing are Steven Zaillian (Moneyball, The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo) and Garrett Basch via their Film Rites banner.

The project adapts a book by Michael Koryta but sources say the feature will veer away from certain points. The book told of a teen in a witness protection program hiding out from a pair of killers in a wilderness skills program while a fire engulfs Montana.

Sheridan’s script is described as being female-driven (the book’s female lead ran a fire lookout tower before being swept into the teen’s troubled life) and a by the seat of your pants chase movie.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ ... ce=twitter

Looks good in the trailer. I've liked the majority of Sheridan's stuff (except Sicario 2) and think he's someone generally worth keeping up with like other writer-directors such as Alex Garland and Leigh Whannell. This new one's based on a book and it doesn't look like he wrote the script by himself this time.

Sheridan filmography
Wind River (director, writer) :thumbup: :thumbup:
Hell or High Water (writer) :thumbup:
Sicario (writer) :thumbup: :thumbup:
Sicario: Day of the Soldado (writer) :thumbdown:

Not feeling the title; not feeling the cgi fire.

I love Sheridan, so I really hope this is good

I liked it overall enough. Sheridan's 4th best or 3rd worst by my accounting.

1) Wind River (2017) director, writer :thumbup: :thumbup:
2) Sicario (2015) writer :thumbup: :thumbup:
3) Hell or High Water (2016) director, writer :thumbup:
4) Those Who Wish Me Dead (2021) director, writer (book adaptation) :thumbup:
5) Tom Clancy's Without Remorse (2021) writer (book adaptation) :thumbup: :thumbdown:
6) Sicario: Day of the Soldado (2018) writer :thumbdown:

This movie is more of an ensemble than I was expecting, it spends a lot of time on various heroic characters as well as the villains. It serves its job as a survival thriller.

This felt like a generic mid 90s action movie. Boring plot, boring protagonists and weak bland antagonists. And oh those cgi fires :lol:

After the decent Wind River, this was a big disappointment from Sheridan.

Damn. This is all very disappointing to read