Man of Steel (2013)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I saw this on DC's website and it made me feel weird.
Man of Steel From visionary filmmakers Christopher Nolan and Zack Snyder.

Is Snyder a visionary? Image

He is very good at adapting someone else's vision, but not at creating his own.

Ironically, that is why I'm so interested in this movie. :lol:

oracle86 wrote:Is Snyder a visionary? Image

I don't think very highly of Snyder but I don't believe that a visionary has to necessarily create a unique source material and then adapt it (in this context), I'm sure that there are many great visionary directors adapt the work of others. I imagine you could be appropriately described as a visionary when you apply your own personal filter, a unique perspective to view things through which proves to be ground-breaking.
Do you... like pineapple?

jibran wrote:
oracle86 wrote:Is Snyder a visionary? Image

I don't think very highly of Snyder but I don't believe that a visionary has to necessarily create a unique source material and then adapt it (in this context), I'm sure that there are many great visionary directors adapt the work of others. I imagine you could be appropriately described as a visionary when you apply your own personal filter, a unique perspective to view things through which proves to be ground-breaking.
But Snyder doesn't give us a unique perspective, to quote yourself. Be it 300 or Watchmen, he adapts the source material faithfully, remaining almost slavishly true to the original work.

oracle86 wrote:
jibran wrote:
But Snyder doesn't give you a unique perspective, to quote yourself. Be it 300 or Watchmen, he adapts the source material faithfully, almost slavishly true to the original work.
He IS a visionary!

Last edited by ANONIMNIQ on June 28th, 2012, 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

oracle86 wrote:
jibran wrote:
But Snyder doesn't give you a unique perspective, to quote yourself. Be it 300 or Watchmen, he adapts the source material faithfully, almost slavishly true to the original work.
Oh, I never said he was a visionary. Not In the truest sense for me, anyway. I just wanted to make sure of something about original material. No, Snyder is acceptable but I don't think I've been particularly wowed by any of his work.
Do you... like pineapple?

Zack Snyder is a visual visionary... that's about it.

ComptonTerry wrote:Zack Snyder is a visual visionary... that's about it.
Even that is debatable since I thought the visuals for Sucker Punch and 300 were way too over the top and it got boring really quick.

I like him a lot actually. Nobody else could have made Watchmen. Dawn of the Dead and 300 are fantastic too. Just don't think he is a "visionary".
That's an apt description. :thumbup:

oracle86 wrote:I like him a lot actually. Nobody else could have made Watchmen. Dawn of the Dead and 300 are fantastic too. Just don't think he is a "visionary".
That's an apt description. :thumbup:
I think Fincher could have done well with Watchmen but I actually really like how Snyder did it.

Maybe with a little guidance from Nolan he will make this movie great.