Man of Steel (2013)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Did I already post in this thread that I don't want another Lex Luthor? He's such a bland villain.

chee wrote:Did I already post in this thread that I don't want another Lex Luthor? He's such a bland villain.
Do you feel that way beacuse he has been used so much in the movie versions, Chee? Or you just dont like the character in general?

DantarionTheBook wrote:
chee wrote:Did I already post in this thread that I don't want another Lex Luthor? He's such a bland villain.
Do you feel that way beacuse he has been used so much in the movie versions, Chee? Or you just dont like the character in general?
He's overused and I don't really care for the character anyways.

If Lex was a bland villain, why is he Superman top nemesis. It's down to the person who writes the character that defines it, I don't here anyone moaning that BATMAN is a bad character, the 3 batch of Bat movies done by Tim Burton directing and producer (Batman Forever he was producer on that) were all good, made Dollars, when Burton left, Batman+Robin, the 4th was duff rubbish, as Burton took all the talent with him.

Darkseid is more of a villain as he has power and can fight Superman, plenty of crap stories with him. But by far the capable is not a villain but was used as one in the DC comic "Kingdom Come" was Captain Marvel who more or less damn near kills Superman as he is Magic powered and as powerful as Superman.

BILLY ZANE I know it sounds retarded,but he was in talks with Nolan about a future role. If you have seen the newer Superman/Batman cartoons he is a perfect fit. Nolan likes his retro actors aka Berenger. Also I think Jon Hamm will be the new superman. Their was a leaked source a few weeks back talking about the new superman leads and story and it suggested that a well known tv actor was the lead candidate. It never sais jon hamm but it said the were looking in the 35 -40 age group. who else could it be?

They shouldn't make Lex the prominent villain until later in this new series. And if they do, PLEASE, no more real estate.

Eternalist wrote:They shouldn't make Lex the prominent villain until later in this new series. And if they do, PLEASE, no more real estate.
Agreed, maybe they could have him be a secondary villain to Brainiac, General Zod or Darksied much like how scarecrow was used in relation to Ra's Al Ghul in Batman Begins.

I personally would be so interested in hearing what Hans Zimmer could come up with for the character/story. But if he's not available, I would be curious as to how Philip Glass would approach it. Talk about two totally different styles, but in my opinion they're both highly affective.

Who would your choices be?

I don't really know, it'll depend on what kind of tone the movie's going for.

James Newton Howard