Man of Steel (2013)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
RyanRises wrote: Image
Cool. I always thought Cavill was short. I guess I was wrong, however, I like that he is average height, unlike the abnormally tall Supermen in the past.

Faora

Zod's Official Symbol for the film. Kinda reminds of Darkseid's 'Omega' Symbol.
And is it just me or it does look a bit like a penis? :wtf:
Un lladre es un artista. Fa servir la imaginació per lluirse cuan roba el seu trofeu. Els detectius només analitzen el delicte i ens denuncien. Els detectius son uns simples critics.

didich wrote:Image

Zod is a communist!
gib sigs

Pratham wrote:
didich wrote:Image

Zod is a communist!
:lol: :lol: That too.

Hey, getting serious, maybe they really wanted to evoke such imaginery? Who knows...
Un lladre es un artista. Fa servir la imaginació per lluirse cuan roba el seu trofeu. Els detectius només analitzen el delicte i ens denuncien. Els detectius son uns simples critics.

didich wrote:
Pratham wrote: Zod is a communist!

Hey, getting serious, maybe they really wanted to evoke such imaginery? Who knows...
A reference to this one?
gib sigs

Pratham wrote:
didich wrote:

A reference to this one?
Well... Depending on Zod's views in the film it could make sense, yes.

didich wrote:
Pratham wrote:
A reference to this one?
There isn't any other reference that I can think of (I'm not much into comic books), but the symbol is much different than the one in comic books.
gib sigs

Pratham wrote:
didich wrote:
There isn't any other reference that I can think of (I'm not much into comic books), but the symbol is much different than the one in comic books.
Of course. They are not going to put a heavily political symbol on the suit of an alien who has nothing to do with it. But in that comic Superman was a tyrannt, and maybe that's the paralelism they're going for with Zod: a conqueror Superman.

didich wrote:
Pratham wrote: There isn't any other reference that I can think of (I'm not much into comic books), but the symbol is much different than the one in comic books.
Of course. They are not going to put a heavily political symbol on the suit of an alien who has nothing to do with it. But in that comic Superman was a tyrannt, and maybe that's the paralelism they're going for with Zod: a conqueror Superman.
I was talking about this one.
gib sigs