Man of Steel (2013)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

Better quality, save on your system and zoom it, great read.

Goyer on how he approached MOS:
“We’re approaching Superman as if it weren’t a comic book movie, as if it were real.”
“I adore the Donner films. Absolutely adore them. It just struck me that there was an idealist quality to them that may or may not work with today’s audience. It just struck me that if Superman really existed in the world, first of all this story would be a story about first contact.”
“He’s an alien. You can easily imagine a scenario in which we’d be doing a film like E.T., as opposed to him running around in tights. If the world found out he existed, it would be the biggest thing that ever happened in human history. It falls into that idea of trying to humanize the inhuman. He’s made out of steel, he’s not made out of flesh, metaphorically speaking. We are portraying him as a man, yet he’s not a man.”
“It is obviously a much longer process with a character like Superman. It is much easier to do a realistic take on Batman. You know nothing can hurt Superman, presumably other than Kryptonite. The challenge was simply: can we figure out a way to make those elements work, quote unquote, in the real world? It’s very much a story of a man with two fathers.”

If the movie aint dark, why is every bit of footage along with the poster as moody as my high school ex girlfriend?

-Vader

Because the promotional team is menstruating.

Now Shannon, this man is the main point of interest for me regarding this film.
Do you... like pineapple?

m4st4 wrote:Goyer on how he approached MOS:
“We’re approaching Superman as if it weren’t a comic book movie, as if it were real.”
“We are portraying him as a man, yet he’s not a man.”
These two quotes are the most interesting. As of now, we don't know if 'Clark Kent' is going to appear in the film (as in, we don't know how are they going to play with the 'human' persona, don'ty take the sentence literally). I wonder how are they going to present the 'human Superman' then. Maybe make the hero be 'just a man' at the same time and forget about dual personalities? What do you think?
Vader182 wrote:If the movie aint dark, why is every bit of footage along with the poster as moody as my high school ex girlfriend?

-Vader
The movie is going to be pretty dark in atmosphere, given that Superman is rejected by humanity. I foreshadow that, once Supes beats Zod and get the humans' trust, it's going to be a bit more idealistic (the last act and the ending, basically).

'Off-topic'... Do you think Man of Steel is getting a Superbowl Tv Spot this Sunday? Iron Man and Star Trek have already confirmed theirs. I mean, Superman... Superbowl...You can't make it easier than that. :lol:
Un lladre es un artista. Fa servir la imaginació per lluirse cuan roba el seu trofeu. Els detectius només analitzen el delicte i ens denuncien. Els detectius son uns simples critics.

That was an amazing read. Sadly, no mention of Lex Luthor.
gib sigs

Pratham wrote:That was an amazing read. Sadly, no mention of Lex Luthor.
Lex can come later. I really like what Goyer said about this film being about a man with two fathers.

Im really looking forward to seeing Supermans ideals and beliefs tested as he grows to discover who he is. Zod is perfect to make that difficult for him.

Anyone else not like the use of underexposure?

anikom15 wrote:Anyone else not like the use of underexposure?
It really works with the GRITTINESS and DARK TONE of the film. :neutral: I like it.
Brave New World