Man of Steel (2013)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I agree. I'm not familiar with the comics at all, but has he always had the same costume?

thrice wrote:I agree. I'm not familiar with the comics at all, but has he always had the same costume?
Yea. He's the only superhero that I've seen fanboys start flinging cuss words around just because someone wants to change his costume. It's ridiculous. I don't know why they keep defending the underwear on the outside. It looks freakin' ridiculous and it needs to get with the times.

Just check this out for movie and show changes. The only biggest change from the costume is Smallville's version.
http://gensburger.com/misterwriter/page ... 4large.jpg

chee wrote:
thrice wrote:I agree. I'm not familiar with the comics at all, but has he always had the same costume?
Yea. He's the only superhero that I've seen fanboys start flinging cuss words around just because someone wants to change his costume. It's ridiculous. I don't know why they keep defending the underwear on the outside. It looks freakin' ridiculous and it needs to get with the times.
I would say that their attitude over the costume is the least of their insanity. Try looking up some of their homophobic attacks on Bryan Singer if you are feeling particularly masochistic. That was some nasty stuff and I lived through the OMG WE'RE GONNA GET A GAY JOKER dumbassry of 2006 so my bar is set high for nastiness concerning homophobia. :batface:

In conclusion: there are some scary Supes fans out there.

Cilogy wrote:I predict more problems with this.

I mean, the script was rushed, the rights expire pretty soon, what else? :roll:
How do you really know the script was rushed or not, or even if is messy, what kind of idiot would accept this theory (the guys who wrote the article), for example is Nolan an idiot?, hew knew the idea behind this superman version and got the first draft of the script to WB and they liked the way it was going back then.

Second, Goyer is not alone. Goyer successfully wrote a script that rebooted one franchise, you know the (batman begins) and it went pretty well... but goyer is not alone he is working again with the nolans and they all together have shown to be best guys in town for comic book heroes.

Imho, the writer of the article is looking for easy publicity, because people are crawling around the web to know more and more about the movie, from the first among the Superheroes, but that also have a conflictive history when we talks about getting the stories to the screen.

Alterno wrote:
Cilogy wrote:I predict more problems with this.

I mean, the script was rushed, the rights expire pretty soon, what else? :roll:
How do you really know the script was rushed or not, or even if is messy, what kind of idiot would accept this theory (the guys who wrote the article), for example is Nolan an idiot?, hew knew the idea behind this superman version and got the first draft of the script to WB and they liked the way it was going back then.

Second, Goyer is not alone. Goyer successfully wrote a script that rebooted one franchise, you know the (batman begins) and it went pretty well... but goyer is not alone he is working again with the nolans and they all together have shown to be best guys in town for comic book heroes.

Imho, the writer of the article is looking for easy publicity, because people are crawling around the web to know more and more about the movie, from the first among the Superheroes, but that also have a conflictive history when we talks about getting the stories to the screen.
Ok I see.

It just seems a little iffy to me. I mean, personally, I think Zack Snyder was a bad decision. But hey, I'll wait and see what happens, that doesn't mean it will be a bad film.
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

Cilogy wrote:
Ok I see.

It just seems a little iffy to me. I mean, personally, I think Zack Snyder was a bad decision. But hey, I'll wait and see what happens, that doesn't mean it will be a bad film.
There are mixed opinion about Snyder, I honestly enjoyed 300 but hated watchmen. Everybody at DC/WB knows what it as stakes here, even Nolan knows that he can't screw up here. The good thing is that 2012 will be Batman and Superman year.

Whether Zack Snyder is a good choice or a bad one remains to be seen. I don't care for his work personally, but am open to being surprised.

What I am concerned about is this article. I'm siding with those who believe there's something iffy about it (my memory is whacked today, so possibly I have already mentioned this ;) ) because NY Mag has been shown to, if not have a grudge, then they certainly have an anti-Nolan slant. In my experience, New York don't usually work like this (with vague sources) and the whole article feels off. I do remember they put a lot of effort into bashing Nolan in 2008 due to some very stupid behaviour by a small minority of fans (in fact, I think their film reviewer is David Edelstein, the idiot who bashed Nolan personally over on Movieline back in July? I can't say for sure but I could swear that's who he works for!), memorably culminating in a worthless article bashing Nolan's action scenes because the guy who directed Pineapple Express did better. Which sloppily side-stepped the that film's overall terribleness and The Dark Knight's superiority and struck me at the time as being bashing for bashing's sake.

My point being this could all just be a smear campaign against someone they don't like. I imagine Zack Snyder is incidental in this - Nolan's involved, so that means it must be baaaad. :JGLface:

I know this sounds a bit nutty but as I said, New York has form for this sort of crap.

I heard a weird rumor the other day that Tom Hardy was going to play Zod - perhaps they were mixing up superhero movies...