Man of Steel (2013)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Add one more to that short-list:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/movies/ ... goyer.html
As he intensifies his search for a director on the Warner Bros. reboot, Christopher Nolan, who's godfathering the new Superman and producing the David Goyer script, has had discussions with (Darren) Aronofsky about the job, sources say.

Aronfosky's latest, "Black Swan," the hybrid dramatic thriller with Natalie Portman, looks on track to become an art-house hit, if not more, and the idea would be to bring Aronofsky's auteur sensibility to the comic book mythology (much as Nolan has done with Batman).

Very interesting. This is a very diverse group we got here.

if its a character study i say go for Aronofsky

Aronofsky would be good.

I want Alfonso Cuaron.

But out of that list Duncan Jones is the best...

I think I'm the only person who thinks Scott would do a good job. He does very well with good scripts.

It was reported on IGN.com that WB met with Ben Afflek about directing it but he's no longer pursuing it.

Unless Aronofsky can prove he can tell a good story without deviating from what makes Superman great, I'm sticking with Duncan Jones as my #1.

If Source Code turns out well, and he gets The Man of Steel, then Duncan Jones could be the next Chris Nolan.
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

CroissantRoll wrote:I think I'm the only person who thinks Scott would do a good job. He does very well with good scripts.
My preference is still Jones but I agree I think Scott can do great things with a good script, i.e., TRUE ROMANCE! I don't mind Aronofsky either. I'm in the minority of not being a fan of Aronofsky's films just because I don't enjoy them, though I haven't seen The Wrestler. But his talent as a director is stellar. I love and admire his work I just don't enjoy it, if that makes any sense. With a good script I also think he could do a wonderful job.