Man of Steel (2013)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Nolan never directed any action movies either when he took on Batman. Not saying that Jones is on Nolan's level, but he could be after Source Code.

Moon is like Nolan's Following to me.

It just seems silly to me praise a director so highly after just one project, that's all.

Anyways, Matt Reeves recently told JoBlo.com that he first heard about this "shortlist" from a fan, and that he was "surprised" about it. I wonder what that means in terms of the legitimacy of this list? Doesn't mean he's not on the list, he is quite good at being secretive, but it is an eyebrow raising comment, no?

TeddyBlass wrote:It just seems silly to me praise a director so highly after just one project, that's all.

Anyways, Matt Reeves recently told JoBlo.com that he first heard about this "shortlist" from a fan, and that he was "surprised" about it. I wonder what that means in terms of the legitimacy of this list? Doesn't mean he's not on the list, he is quite good at being secretive, but it is an eyebrow raising comment, no?
I hope it is legit. It's a great list, the only person I wouldn't want for the job is Snyder though.

I like directors who are hands on with practical effects and Snyder is too much of a CGI/green screen sort of guy.

I'd pick Snyder over Scott. Snyder has focused a lot recently on the 'hyper-real' approach, but don't forget he can do the more reality-based, gritty features too. Remember, DAWN OF THE DEAD wasn't green-screen/cgi dependent, and wasn't at all like what people associate with Snyder's style now. It stands to be said that Snyder is way more versatile than he is given credit for. Now that I think of it, it'd prefer Snyder to Jones.

-hides from glass bottles being thrown-

If Snyder does go back to the realistic style like Dawn of the Dead was, then sure. I just hate that look of Watchmen, 300, and Sucker-Punch.

so you want Superman to look like it's been shot on a 10 dollar camcorder? :lol:

Glad you included the laughing smiley, cause at least someone is laughing at the attempt at humor...

We have Smallville for that.
I actually like that show, much more so now Gough and Millar are nowhere near it, but sometimes it does look a bit cheap!

Interesting short list. I'm actually not sure who I'd prefer, wonder who it'll end up being.

TeddyBlass wrote:I'd much prefer Matt Reeves. He has much more experience, but is still fresh and untested in the big-budget/AAA-title realm of things. Plus, if he is the director, that means we get a Superman score by Oscar winner Michael Giacchino :)
I think that the work Giacchino and J.J. Abrams have done together has been awesome. That would be an awesome ensemble.

And +1 for Reeves