Man of Steel (2013)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I'll die if it's Zack Snyder... DIE.

Matt Reeves or Duncan Jones, or both ha ha
and what the f* is Snyder doing on that list, :x

Had to think for a minute on Duncan Jones. Basically my reaction to the name:

Then when I realised he directed Moon I was like :batface: , which was quickly followed by :clap: .

So in short...I hope he gets the job. :D

I really REALLY hope it's Duncan that gets this. I'd be so disappointed if it went to Tony Scott, Zack Snyder, or Liebesman. Dunno what to think about Reeves, apparently Let Me In is extremely good, so I guess I'd be fine with him too, but my first choice is still Duncan. I actually got to see Moon at a screening while I was in London, and Duncan was there with the producer doing a Q&A afterwards. He is fucking awesome.

Max Schreck wrote:Woah, Jones just tweeted this.

"So excited right now. Sitting in newly finished office, writing top, top secret project. Got everything crossed this is the next film."
But Goyer already wrote or is currently writing the script, unless he was meeting with Goyer to give his input on the story. As far as the list goes, I'll fall in line and go with Duncan as my #1. I wasn't blown away by Moon. I thought it was a very solid sci-fi drama, but most of that had to do with Sam Rockwell's solitary performance. But Jones definitely has a great style and sensibility. And it could be a family/Nolan legacy thing, as Jones is David Bowie's son...Nikola Tesla anyone? We'll also have to see how Source Code turns out.

Otherwise I'd be fine with Matt Reeves. I enjoyed Colverfield, which was a very innovative action/disaster movie. And Let Me In is currently getting rave reviews. The others I'd rather Nolan avoid, but whatever he decides, I'll trust his judgment.

Out of this list, Duncan Jones has to be the first choice, with Matt Reeves as possible alternative..

HELL NO to Scott and Snyder. It would be worse than Singers

Does this mean that his brother won't be doing it? :(

Jackson wrote:Does this mean that his brother won't be doing it? :(
Didn't that get disproved awhile ago

also why is Chris listed as "co script writer" on IMDB? isn't this movie just being written by David S Goyer or have I missed something?

I'll wait til Source Code to call Jones overrated or not, but that's what I am leaning towards now. I'm surprised so many people want him, it's quite astounding to me. Him and Superman just don't make sense in my mind.

I'd much prefer Matt Reeves. He has much more experience, but is still fresh and untested in the big-budget/AAA-title realm of things. Plus, if he is the director, that means we get a Superman score by Oscar winner Michael Giacchino :)