Man of Steel (2013)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
The Special One wrote:The cast is way too bloated w/characters. But interesting, not a bad effort!
Thanks for seeing my vision. On casting, I just went for what was in my imagination. :)
AAA wrote:Well, even when the movie isn't official until now, I really want to see it, Nolan got everything out of Batman (who allready had some good movies), and I really wanna see him getting everything out of Superman (who hasn't got any really good movies!) :D
Yeah, man. I agree Superman hasn't had that proper film treatment in who knows how long. Batman’s been done up nicely with Nolan behind the camera and on the typewriter. Superman however, ever since Superman 3…..it’s just been a total nightmare. :lol:
kanjisheik wrote:That's not true. Check out Superman 1 and 2. They are considered to be among the greatest comic book movies ever made. Christopher Reeve totally owned that role, which is why we have such a big problem when someone else tries to fill his shoes.
I have to disagree with you. Though Superman 1 and 2 were an achievement for their time, they had the origin of the character quite messed up. It was as if the writer and director felt as if they should keep Clark Kent and Superman the same, but change some, several, elements of his background, if you read “Secret Origin” or “All Star”, you will probably have all the questions of the character answered for you that were never answered in the characters past years of media. :geek:

IMHO, Christopher Reeve's performance as Clark Kent / Superman trumps any of the weaknesses of those movies. He didn't act as Superman, he frakking BECAME Superman. Richard Donner's cut, in particular, is a masterpiece.

kanjisheik wrote:IMHO, Christopher Reeve's performance as Clark Kent / Superman trumps any of the weaknesses of those movies. He didn't act as Superman, he frakking BECAME Superman. Richard Donner's cut, in particular, is a masterpiece.
Though I will agree with Reeves. He was excellant as Superman, I saw the hero not the actor. He really made a man believe that he could fly.

sorry but... I think your idea is simply destined to fail miserably, the synopsis is entirely predictable and the actors you picked are just terrible and would make one hell of a stupidman movie.
Maybe, just maybe people should stop thinking making a remake of the first superman film is a good idea,
maybe they should, you know.... go back to the bloody comic books and try to make something new, like they did with this bat guy... :problem:

http://www.deadline.com/2010/09/chris-n ... -director/
EXCLUSIVE: Superman producers Chris Nolan and Emma Thomas are getting serious about resuscitating the Man of Steel. I'm told they have begun meeting with a short list of directors for the job of directing Superman, the picture which will be financed by Warner Bros and Legendary Pictures. On the list: Unstoppable's Tony Scott, Let Me In director Matt Reeves, Battle: Los Angeles helmer Jonathan Liebesman (who just got the Warner Bros/Legendary job of directing Clash of the Titans 2), Duncan Jones, who just directed Source Code, and Sucker Punch helmer Zack Snyder. As Deadline first revealed back in February (Chris Nolan Will Mentor Superman 3.0), Nolan came up with an idea that put the Batman director in a godfather position on Superman, which besides from the Batfranchise is the linchpin of DC Comics franchise characters. David Goyer wrote a script. Several of these directors have movie commitments like Liebesman, which make then unlikely. Nolan has already started meeting with candidates and will submit his choice to the studio within the next few weeks. Warner Bros and Legendary have to get the picture made by 2012, because the studio stands to lose certain rights to the iconic character in 2013 after a judge ruled favorably on behalf of the heirs of Superman creator Jerry Siegel. As I've reported previously, the studio at one point wanted Guillermo Del Torres to resurrect Superman... Will tell you more when I hear it.
Snyder, Jones and Reeves seem like great choices to me.

Duncan Jones PLEASE. PLEASE. PLEASE OH PLEASE. PLEASE.

Yeah Duncan Jones did a great job on Moon.

That would be a great choice.
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

Woah, Jones just tweeted this.

"So excited right now. Sitting in newly finished office, writing top, top secret project. Got everything crossed this is the next film."

Max Schreck wrote:Woah, Jones just tweeted this.

"So excited right now. Sitting in newly finished office, writing top, top secret project. Got everything crossed this is the next film."
Sounds promising. You might get your wish Chee!

NothinButM wrote:
Max Schreck wrote:Woah, Jones just tweeted this.

Sounds promising. You might get your wish Chee!
OH GOD. PLEASE LET IT BE DUNCAN.