Man of Steel (2013)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
We'll have to wait and see how Snyder will make this work.

Say, if this turns out to be an utterly fantastic film- I wonder how many people will attribute it to our friend Nolan.
Do you... like pineapple?

The logo looks really awesome. But with Snyder as director, it was a given that the visuals and the artwork would be fantastic. It's the plot that I'm worried about.

jibran wrote:We'll have to wait and see how Snyder will make this work.

Say, if this turns out to be an utterly fantastic film- I wonder how many people will attribute it to our friend Nolan.
Well we sure will, and many in the general audiences, but we know Nolan's enemies have grown numerous. Especially with Marvel fans since his Batman movies have kicked the shit out of every Marvel movie in the shared universe (only one that even comes close is Iron Man 1), so if Superman is great, they and many others in the anti Nolan cult will do EVERYTHING THEY CAN to make sure he don't get any credit. I think they will fail, but they will try... hardd

The new banner looks kinda cheap, IMO.

TheArchitect wrote:The new banner looks kinda cheap, IMO.
Of course it looks cheap, it's for free.

ComptonTerry wrote:
jibran wrote:We'll have to wait and see how Snyder will make this work.

Well we sure will, and many in the general audiences, but we know Nolan's enemies have grown numerous. Especially with Marvel fans since his Batman movies have kicked the shit out of every Marvel movie in the shared universe (only one that even comes close is Iron Man 1), so if Superman is great, they and many others in the anti Nolan cult will do EVERYTHING THEY CAN to make sure he don't get any credit. I think they will fail, but they will try... hardd

Well, if they manage to put out a well-directed, visually stunning (in the Snyder way) and exciting film, credit will be due where it's deserved. So I'll gladly say Snyder did a great job.
Do you... like pineapple?

oracle86 wrote:The logo looks really awesome. But with Snyder as director, it was a given that the visuals and the artwork would be fantastic. It's the plot that I'm worried about.
David S. Goyer and Christopher Nolan created the story and Goyer wrote the script, how can you be worried about the plot?

BlairCo wrote:
oracle86 wrote:The logo looks really awesome. But with Snyder as director, it was a given that the visuals and the artwork would be fantastic. It's the plot that I'm worried about.
David S. Goyer and Christopher Nolan created the story and Goyer wrote the script, how can you be worried about the plot?
I'm worried that it might end up like Blade 3 or the tv show Flashforward. Goyer has been extremely uneven in the past.

oracle86 wrote:
BlairCo wrote: David S. Goyer and Christopher Nolan created the story and Goyer wrote the script, how can you be worried about the plot?
I'm worried that it might end up like Blade 3 or the tv show Flashforward. Goyer has been extremely uneven in the past.
True, but since Nolan is producing and is part of the creative idea behind the script, he's got a say. In Nolan We Trust.
:goNF:

BlairCo wrote:
oracle86 wrote:
True, but since Nolan is producing and is part of the creative idea behind the script, he's got a say. In Nolan We Trust.
:goNF:
Hopefully, you will be right and the film will be great. Because I really really want an awesome Superman movie.