Last Night In Soho (2021)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Ace
While his most recent film saw him steer into crime-thriller territory, delivering rip-roaring car chases and spins on the traditional heist movie, he’s about to venture even further from his comedy roots with his next film. Talking to Empire, Wright revealed his next project is a straight-up psychological horror-thriller – he cites Don’t Look Now and Roman Polanski's Repulsion as influences – set in London, and starring a female lead.

“I realised I had never made a film about central London – specifically Soho, somewhere I’ve spent a huge amount of time in the last 25 years,” Wright tells Empire in the new issue, out 24 January. “With Hot Fuzz and Shaun Of The Dead you make movies about places you’ve lived in. This movie is about the London I’ve existed in.” The film will shoot this summer from a screenplay co-written by Krysty Wilson-Cairns.
https://www.empireonline.com/movies/new ... exclusive/

I have an unpleasant relationship with Wright's career. I've liked each of his films significantly less than the one that came before it.

Shaun of the Dead: masterpiece
Hot Fuzz: amazing
Scott Pilgrim: very good
The World's End: good
Baby Driver: Fine...? Once you get the editing show, damn that script was thin

Thank god Baby Driver 2 isn't his next. Curious to see what he'll do with horror

this is an excellent opportunity to see Don't Look Now for those of you who haven't

it's a masterpiece

also Baby Driver fucking rules

-Vader

Don't Look Now is indeed quite something. I had to get used to it at first but I realised that was because it crawled under my skin so effectively... Very much recommended. Donald Sutherland and Julie Christie shine in it.

Now Where Was I ? wrote:
January 21st, 2019, 2:55 pm
I have an unpleasant relationship with Wright's career. I've liked each of his films significantly less than the one that came before it.

Shaun of the Dead: masterpiece
Hot Fuzz: amazing
Scott Pilgrim: very good
The World's End: good
Baby Driver: Fine...? Once you get the editing show, damn that script was thin

Thank god Baby Driver 2 isn't his next. Curious to see what he'll do with horror
That's interesting, my relationship with Wright's career has gone down, then back up again.

Shaun of the Dead: Excellent
Hot Fuzz: Pretty good
Scott Pilgrim: Fine
The World's End: Good
Baby Driver: Very good

Also, reading the article, he's still working on a script for Baby Driver 2, which I'm hoping he will eventually scrap.

Baby Driver 2 is a movie no one needs.

Bring on whatever this is, though.

I'm down with a Baby Driver 2, but only if it's Edgar Wright and it's a story he wants to tell. If it was like when Matthew Vaughn didn't come back for Kick-Ass 2, then I wouldn't be interested.

Wright doing a Horror movie tickles tickles my fancy. I have to know what that will look like.

Ace
HN Entertainment can now exclusively reveal the film’s title will be Last Night In Soho.

We were able to confirm that production designer Marcus Rowland will yet again reunite with Edgar for Last Night In Soho. His credits include Shaun of The Dead, Attack The Block, Hot Fuzz, Scott Pilgrim vs The World, The World’s End, Baby Driver, Rocketman, and The Kid Who Would Be King.

The film’s cinematographer is expected to be Black Mirror: Banderstach’s Jake Polonsky, who worked as a second unit cinematographer on The World’s End.
https://hnentertainment.co/exclusive-ed ... tographer/

wright can do no wrong

mchekhov 2: Chek Harder wrote:
January 27th, 2019, 2:09 pm
wright can do no wrong
Except he did, two last times.

Still, Spaced, Shaun, Fuzz and especially Pilgrim make me excited for his true horror debut.🕷️