Last Night In Soho (2021)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Batfan175 wrote:
May 30th, 2021, 3:28 am
bootsy wrote:
May 29th, 2021, 1:57 am
Batfan175 wrote:
May 28th, 2021, 1:51 am

Oh no, I am expressing my opinion about the trailer, that PR material that one is meant to react to as an audience member. Referencing that film does not make me more interested in this film because it just reminds me of how little impact his previous film had and hence does not fill me as an audience member with confidence that this is going to be a good film. It could be mandated by law that you have to reference the director's most recent film and that impression would not change tbh, mainly because of how little impact this director's most recent film had quite frankly.
If only they cared about you.
I mean, I am an audience member who pays for movie tickets so you bet they care about people like me.
Thankfully there aren't any people like you.

bootsy wrote:
May 30th, 2021, 9:58 pm
Batfan175 wrote:
bootsy wrote:
May 29th, 2021, 1:57 am

If only they cared about you.
I mean, I am an audience member who pays for movie tickets so you bet they care about people like me.
"There are no men like me...only me."
I am so gad I'm at the very least not some rude person who insults people on a movie forum because they aren't sufficiently enthusiastic about some film I am being told by adverts is the best thing ever. Go back to eating your cinematic hamburger and stop replying to my comments, please.

Batfan175 wrote:
May 31st, 2021, 2:40 pm
bootsy wrote:
Batfan175 wrote:

I am so gad I'm at the very least not some rude person who insults people on a movie forum because they aren't sufficiently enthusiastic about some film I am being told by adverts is the best thing ever. Go back to eating your cinematic hamburger and stop replying to my comments, please.
Have no idea and don't care to know what a cinematic hamburger is. Anyway, the bottom line is marketing the movie as 'The director of Baby Driver' is a lot smarter, wiser move with broader appeal than what you keep whining about. The studio did the right thing. We can keep going back and forth all day but that is what they went with. So you need to get over it or don't go see the movie I don't care. Now I'll go eat my cinematic hamburger. :crazy: :lol:

bootsy wrote:
May 31st, 2021, 5:49 pm
Batfan175 wrote:
May 31st, 2021, 2:40 pm
bootsy wrote:

Have no idea and don't care to know what a cinematic hamburger is. Anyway, the bottom line is marketing the movie as 'The director of Baby Driver' is a lot smarter, wiser move with broader appeal than what you keep whining about. The studio did the right thing. We can keep going back and forth all day but that is what they went with. So you need to get over it or don't go see the movie I don't care. Now I'll go eat my cinematic hamburger. :crazy: :lol:
You're right that this is what they went with and that's what I am sighing about. Like, this is the movie you felt the need to highlight lol? This nothingburger of cinematic white bread?

you two

The more I see of this film, the less interesting it becomes.

The style, though too flashy and referential, is what ultimately saves the movie. Some shots are beautiful and stick with you. Unfortunately, it doesn't help the movie with creating scares or tension. I don't remember the last time I was left so cold at a "horror" film... probably because of the concept of the movie itself, with the danger being so "distant".

In terms of story? I have no idea who'll like it. Incels will point out that all white males are monsters... and the ending will piss off everyone else. Not too mention the twists are super telegraphed by the film's casting.

I also wasn't a fan of the main character. She was super annoying with the over the top direction and her speech mannerism was like the female version of Sean Harris (they're both hard to listen to)

Overall, it's not as big of a failure as this post might make it out to be, I still liked the cinematography, set design and music enough to enjoy the experience but it was a big letdown nonetheless.