Mission: Impossible — Dead Reckoning Part One (2023)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
1. Ghost Protocol
2. Fallout
3. Rogue Nation
4. M:I
5. M:I 3

6. M:I 2

Love the Burj sequence. Best in the series.

I’m glad teddy posted this so we can all bask in his inexplicable hate of ghost protocol It’s been haunting me for years. Ilu Teds.

My ranking is pretty identical to m4, but ghost and rogue nation trade places depending on mood.

-Vader

I think it's both due to the tone and the pacing of Ghost Protocol that I don't think it's as good as Rogue Nation and Fallout. The pacing sort of tries to keep the tension going throughout, but it feels too slow imo. And the tone feels off, but I can't quite put my finger on it. Which is probably because I haven't seen it in over five years now, same goes for II and III! So I'm definitely going to do a rewatch of the franchise when this comes out. Last time I saw the first film was just before Rogue Nation came out. Which was almost five years ago?!

Fallout
Rogue Nation
Ghost Protocol

Don't much care about the other three.

There's not enough love around here for the first one. De Palma did an amazing job with it and the sequence in Langley is still the most tense scene in the series which amazing considering what stunts Cruise later.

De Palma's M:I is a masterpiece of noir tension... It's just that the latter additions really created what M:I is supposed to be, the DNK of it, as well as the core team. Honesly I consider all of them to be worthy watchers. On a good weekend, M:I 2 is just fine.

I feel like this one could benefit from having a cliffhanger at the end. None of the previous films have had that
I mean yeah lol Fallout did have a cliffhanger :lol: , but only if it ended before Cavill took a helicopter to the face lololol
I also think VIII might be Cruise's last and I can see them wrapping the franchise up with that installment. Or he and McQuarrie could do another two-parter and end it after the tenth film lol

Remember when they wanted to reboot the franchise with Renner? :lol:
Renner is fine with the team, but no Cruise, no deal.