Mission: Impossible — Dead Reckoning Part One (2023)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Is Mission Impossible the best film series ever? Going seven films in, now, and not a misfire, yet. The 2nd one is the weakest but is still pretty good. The last couple of ones have been awesome, some of the best action flicks of the last decade.

Forum Pro
radewart wrote:
May 23rd, 2022, 9:37 pm
Is Mission Impossible the best film series ever? Going seven films in, now, and not a misfire, yet. The 2nd one is the weakest but is still pretty good. The last couple of ones have been awesome, some of the best action flicks of the last decade.
agreed. Rogue Nation is still my favorite but both Fallout and Ghost Protocol are tremendous. I also don't understand the scowl MI3 tends to get, I really enjoyed that one, though PSH definitely carries it. That bathroom scene is an all-timer.

3rd one's is quite good. Loses a little steam after the Vatican kidnapping and bridge-freeing sequence of Hoffman, but still very entertaining.

MI3 still the best. Probably won’t be topped but this looks fun

The second one is dogshit, the first one hasn't held up great but it's still a classic. All the other ones I enjoy quite a bit.

trailer looks great.

Forum Pro
Sanchez wrote:
May 24th, 2022, 9:37 am
The second one is dogshit, the first one hasn't held up great but it's still a classic. All the other ones I enjoy quite a bit.

trailer looks great.
funny enough I watched the first one for the first time earlier this year and thought it was really good. The third act fell off the rails for me but everything leading up to it worked really well. Still haven't seen MI2, I plan to sometime between now and July 2023 haha

First one is still my fav...will not allow slander. Awesome DePalma voyeurism and a true spy flick, not just an actioner. There are shots in that movie that are genius, think about the shot of hunt and lady at the party, with the elevator and walls bysected so you can see the elevator, the guard and the two of them hiesting stuff. Can't think of any filmmaker today who does shit like that with a popcorn flick.

Second one has some amazing filmmaking and John Woo does his thing, not perfect but I prefer it to 3 which is generic Abrams shit.

Rankings go: 1/ 5, 6, 4, 2, 3.

Forum Pro
This trailer goes HARD in theatres, audience was very hyped right from the start

Ace