The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Ah yes, the film that proved that kids can handle more darkness in a movie than a lot of adults give them credit for.

who's watching this because it is fucking amazing

-Vader

I'm going to start watching this soon. Glad to hear it's good.

On Episode 4 and it's delightful. Some of the charm is gone with the digital sheen of it (film would have been a great idea) but the puppetry is astounding, production design, art design, production values through the roof. Pure joy. The voice acting is also GREAT. Louis Leterrier is directing everything and killing it, the writing is beautiful and it's so often hilarious, so much life in those puppets.

There's also a feature length documentary on the making of but you need to look for it, it's not in the trailers and more section of the show. They also show a 2016 test they made for Netflix showing practical Skeksis and CG Gelflings, it clearly doesn't work as they all acknowledge but it's really interesting to see. The Gelflings are still limited in the facial expressions but that's part of the charm.

Is it imperative that you have to watch the 80's movie before you dive into this ?

If not I might binge on this.Starting tonight.

DREAMER wrote:
September 2nd, 2019, 5:19 am
Is it imperative that you have to watch the 80's movie before you dive into this ?

If not I might binge on this.Starting tonight.
No but the film is a must watch.