Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (2022)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
They both seem like pretty nice guys to me.

Disney @Disney
Doctor Strange In The Multiverse of Madness, debuts March 25, 2022. Starring Benedict Cumberbatch, Elizabeth Olsen, Benedict Wong, Rachel McAdams, Chiwetel Ejiofor, & Xochitl Gomez as America Chavez. Directed by Sam Raimi, the film ties to WandaVision & the next Spider-Man film.

McAdams back? All sins forgiven.

It will be very interesting to watch this film. I really like the first one. Really entertaining and entertaining. One of the few that I liked without any "buts".

Last edited by User of Interest on February 14th, 2022, 12:32 am, edited 3 times in total.

This is the Marvel with the most scenes with Rachel McAdams, and therefore the best Marvel, sorry, I don't make the rules.

Overall, it lacks depth and emotion to be in the top 3. But damn, there are some incredible action sequences in this. Raimi basically drops two of the best action sequences of the MCU in the 45 first minutes.

It only lasts 2h, but it goes really fast. Like Fury Road or Dunkirk, it starts very quickly and never really stops, every five minutes you get a new great sequence.

Sam Raimi is a master of style and visual flair but a mixed bag when it comes to characters and storytelling (kind of the exact opposite of Russos), which is why I'm keeping my expectations in check because I care a lot more about the latter than the former.

And now I'm hearing this film is very disappointing for WandaVision fans. Had a feeling that they will fail to give Wanda a satisfying arc.

Not referring to Raimi as I say these two things

1. The era of directors assuming supreme role may come to a passé.
2. The said era should never have happened in first place.

The refrigerator sized ego of directors has put a smokescreen over the fact that they can not be brilliant in everything. Great filmmaking is all about collaboration and some of these stupid people have acted as writers, cinematographers and put their on the nose 'style' on the projects instead of diversifying in the actual storytelling.