Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings (2021)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
anikom15 wrote:
April 19th, 2021, 10:28 am
This is fucking TV quality.

I’m embarrassed.
Yup. Also...much like the F9 trailer, the CGI is making everything into rubber, they haven't learned that CGI rag dolls look horrible.

Visuals definitely leave a lot to be desired but I'm here for the fights and stunts yo

For a Marvel movie, it isn't so bad. I've seen numerous folk making comparisons to Skyfall - especially that scene by the neon sign. But that sequence was beautiful and to compare them just doesn't make sense....I mean just look for yourself.

Also.....such a blatant Inception rip-off. Their second attempt after Dr Strange. If anything these shots really demonstrate the difference between doing something practically and CGI....One resonants and the other feels disposal.

Though, I see someone is not best pleased with the F9 visuals. I disagree. I think that franchise has a glossy vibe that most studio blockbusters would envy. Sure it's conventional, but it's still pretty.

LuciusNightmare wrote:
April 20th, 2021, 12:33 pm
For a Marvel movie, it isn't so bad. I've seen numerous folk making comparisons to Skyfall - especially that scene by the neon sign. But that sequence was beautiful and to compare them just doesn't make sense....I mean just look for yourself.

Also.....such a blatant Inception rip-off. Their second attempt after Dr Strange. If anything these shots really demonstrate the difference between doing something practically and CGI....One resonants and the other feels disposal.

Though, I see someone is not best pleased with the F9 visuals. I disagree. I think that franchise has a glossy vibe that most studio blockbusters would envy. Sure it's conventional, but it's still pretty.
I'm happy for you and your F9 rubber Vin.

The trailer felt like some tone-deaf garbo. Sorry, not sorry. A generic rap song with corny English lyrics? All dialogue is spoken in English? I'm not Asian, but I'd be super butthurt if this was supposed to be some breakout movie that will represent Asians all over the globe. Do these rich old white men have who are behind these MCU flicks have so little faith in their own audience, they think they won't be able to comprehend a trailer that isn't made specifically to be watched by western audience? If it was my call, I'd use some east Asian folk band's music for the trailer, like Altan Ulrag or Nine Trasures. And I'd also have only Chinese dialogue, or better yet, no dialogue at all. And cut the stupid last-second joke at the end of the trailer that has been around every MCU trailer since I can remember.

Batman's Batman wrote:
April 21st, 2021, 10:12 am
The trailer felt like some tone-deaf garbo. Sorry, not sorry. A generic rap song with corny English lyrics? All dialogue is spoken in English? I'm not Asian, but I'd be super butthurt if this was supposed to be some breakout movie that will represent Asians all over the globe. Do these rich old white men have who are behind these MCU flicks have so little faith in their own audience, they think they won't be able to comprehend a trailer that isn't made specifically to be watched by western audience? If it was my call, I'd use some east Asian folk band's music for the trailer, like Altan Ulrag or Nine Trasures. And I'd also have only Chinese dialogue, or better yet, no dialogue at all. And cut the stupid last-second joke at the end of the trailer that has been around every MCU trailer since I can remember.
Yeah, but this is not an arthouse film about some forgotten Chinese historical event... it's still MCU, the blockbusterest franchise in the history of blockbusters. I mean I agree with you in a way, but this might be an expectation that is impossible to live up to at this level of blockbuster filmmaking. And maybe they shouldn't, I don't know. In a way this speaks to Asian-Americans who, I'm pretty sure, can feel like outcasts in their own social environments from a very young age. This doesn't really speak to Chinese people in China, this is supposed to be aimed at Chinese-American people the same way Black Panther was a huge hit among the African-American community in the US. It was a hit in other parts of the world as well, but I'm sure that was the major audience Feige and co. were aiming at. Also, I'm sure there will be many moments where people speak their native language, but it didn't make it into the trailer.

I actually liked that Black Panther didn’t feel like a Spike Lee joint.