Candyman (2021)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Assuming for the moment that those will come out lol

Nomis wrote:
April 4th, 2020, 7:30 am
Assuming for the moment that those will come out lol
duh

ikr

So I finally saw the original and it was pretty good, unique gothic twist, but then the final shots sorta ruined the premise for me a bit. But still overall a solid horror cult movie and now, after immediately watching the trailer for the new one... Why are people calling this a remake? It's clearly a sequel, similar to Doctor Sleep, and I cannot wait.

Looks like this might deliver. It would be great to finally not be disappointed after TSS, Reminiscence or Don't Breathe 2.

Is this going to be a pseudo-remake or more of a direct sequel? The first movie is pretty good

This really delivered. It's more creepy than scary but Nia DaCosta proves to be a talent on the rise. Great cinematography and music to go along with some solid performances. This is the art scene horror movie that Velvet Buzzsaw should have been.

I think it could have used some more Candyman action as well as flesh out the two main leads a little more and I wasn't a fan of the unnecessary twist but on a technical and entertainment level this was top notch.