Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse (2023)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Underwhelming trailer (to me)

Meh, Spider-Man used to be a struggling working class hero with something to say.

Modern versions of Spider-Man in various films have turned him into either Iron-kid who beats up disgruntled exmployees or someone who jumps across dimensions. Neither of these are especially relatable imo.

Batfan175 wrote:
December 15th, 2022, 7:59 am
Meh, Spider-Man used to be a struggling working class hero with something to say.

Modern versions of Spider-Man in various films have turned him into either Iron-kid who beats up disgruntled exmployees or someone who jumps across dimensions. Neither of these are especially relatable imo.
The first Spider-Verse is incredibly relatable and honestly wonderful, but part of that was because the alternate dimensions came to him rather than the other way around. Miles's story was still very strong and enjoyable. When it comes to this new one though, I'm unsure of how they'll justify this one's existence.

The first is one of my favorite superhero movies ever, and honestly, one of my favorites of the 2010's. I don't want this to have Lego Movie syndrome where the first movie feels like a revelation and then the sequel just turns it into the same thing we've come to expect from movies of its kind.