Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse (2023)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Joaquim Dos Santos (Avatar: The Last Airbender) has been tapped to direct a sequel to the Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse, while Lauren Montgomery (Batman: Year One) is in negotiations to direct a spinoff led by the female heroes in Spider-Man universe.

THR and Deadline report that Bek Smith, a writer on the CBS series Zoo, has been tapped to write the female-centric spinoff, which is expected to focus on three generations of women (likely including Spider-Gwen) with Spidey powers. Other possible characters include Spider-Woman, Spider-Girl, Madame Web and Silk. Amy Pascal will produce the spinoff, while Spider-Verse producers and co-writers Phil Lord and Chris Miller are expected to return in some creative capacity along with Avi Arad.

As for the Spider-Verse sequel, Dave Callaham (Wonder Woman 1984) will write the script, which will explore the further adventures of Miles Morales, as voiced by Shameik Moore. Dos Santos inherits the directorial reins from Bob Persichetti, Peter Ramsey and Rodney Rothman.

source

Will the public ever feel Spider-Man fatigue? We're seriously getting at least one Spider-Man movie per year.

Penguin022 wrote:
November 28th, 2018, 3:30 pm
Will the public ever feel Spider-Man fatigue? We're seriously getting at least one Spider-Man movie per year.
I'm reading one Spidey comic bi-weekly and I don't feel it. As long as the stuff is good: gimme. When it starts feeling wrong, then we'll talk about taking a rest. But this year has been incredible for the character. Dan Slott finished his ten year run in style, Nick Spencer brought back MJ and is continously delivering the goods for ten issues now, Insomniac did a wonderful job with the game and now Spiderverse seems to be a breath of fresh air for the genre.

Now if only Batman had the same treatment in recent years... it's not even on my pull list thanks to Tom King.🕷

Peter Ramsey the terrific director of the first one was surprised by this news on twitter. If Lord and Miller are not bringing him back and want to do this themselves or something, then I'm much less interested.

Unfortunate if true but we'll see.

Yep, they have replaced him with Joaquim Dos Santos who has directed (but not written) a couple of episodes from Airbender, and the new writer is a fella named David Callaham, whose screenplay credits are Doom (the trash movie adaptation) and The Expendables. :blank:

I think I'll wait for reviews before getting excited for this one. Lord and Miller picked a hack like Mike Mitchel for Lego 2 and ruined that franchise for good. Hope they won't ruin this one as well.

Joaquim Dos Santos directed the best episodes of Airbender. His action scenes in that had better pacing than 9/10 blockbuster films, all while never sacrificing the tender moments. Bring it on.