Loki (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
For once, I'd agree with the Marvel fans that it was visually interesting. The production design was quite nice though most the episode takes place in the same room.

A very good episode, but the story hasn't really started yet, so it's hard to know if it will continue on that level.

Episode 2 wasn't as good as 1, but still very nice with a great score. The blocking of the conversations felt a bit more flat (with the green screens in the back), when it felt strangely quite dynamic in 1. However the dialog are very good, especially between Loki and Mobius. Their interactions are great, some philosophical discussions may not fit right in the episode, but they are definiltely earned after having watched the MCU for so many years.
The score is still great,
except the Seven score which felt a bit too much on the nose.
The ending feels like things are moving very quickly (quicker than the episodes which focus a lot on simple interactions). So let's see if the writers can keep this incredible pace and make it feel more natural, while still inserting great conversations here and there.

Di Martino is terribly miscast here.

After 2 first very good episodes, episode 3 was kind of a break. And episode 4 made the pacing of GOT S8E4 look great, if you see what I mean. At the end, it just felt like stuff happening, without any emotional stakes to relate to.
E5 and E6 were luckily much better.
But I wished they had announced Season 2 before, especially considering that with its many cliffhangers, E6 doesn't even feel that much like a season finale.
I'm glad it gets a second season though.