El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Artemis wrote:
November 8th, 2018, 12:59 pm
Numbers is boneless Allstar
Is this just cuz I mocked DC?

Also.. "boneless"? lol what does that even mean? Did you mean "spineless"? Because at least that would make sense.
Get better at roasting people please. I'm embarrassed for you.

Numbers wrote:
November 9th, 2018, 5:11 am
Artemis wrote:

Also.. "boneless"? lol what does that even mean? Did you mean "spineless"? Because at least that would make sense.
You understood what I meant no? Maybe keep up with the new roasts.

Cut it out everybody.£

Master Virgo wrote:
November 9th, 2018, 7:28 am
Cut it out everybody.£
Sorry MV, I guess you could say you caught me... breaking bad.

Numbers wrote:
November 9th, 2018, 5:11 am
Artemis wrote:

it means you're tasty and tender OBVIOUSLY

Vince Gilligan’s ‘Breaking Bad’ Movie Headed To Netflix & AMC
Vince Gilligan’s Breaking Bad movie continues to be shrouded in secrecy, but I hear it will air on Netflix and AMC, which also carries Gilligan’s Emmy-winning series.

No one would comment, but word is that the two networks might have their roles reversed, with Netflix taking first window and AMC second. The Breaking Bad series aired originally on AMC, with seasons subsequently made available for streaming on Netflix.

For Netflix and AMC to share the Breaking Bad follow-up is fitting as the two outlets share the credit for the success of the original series. Gilligan acknowledged the streamer’s contribution in his acceptance speech for the series’ first best drama series Emmy win in 2013.

“I think Netflix kept us on the air,” he said back then. “Not only are we standing up here, I don’t think our show would have even lasted beyond Season 2. … It’s a new era in television, and we’ve been very fortunate to reap the benefits.”

A little is known about the Breaking Bad movie, believed to be a sequel starring the series’ Aaron Paul. As we previously reported, it is written and directed by Breaking Bad creator/executive producer Gilligan, who also co-created and executive produces AMC prequel series Better Call Saul. He is joined by producers Mark Johnson and Melissa Bernstein, who have worked with Gilligan both on Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul.

I hear the script is being shot as a feature though it has not been determined yet how it will air, as a film or cut into episodes.

The original series ran for five seasons and became a TV phenomenon, spawning the successful prequel series, Better Call Saul, both of which have aired on AMC with an SVOD window on Netflix.

A project by the name of Greenbriar — possibly a code name — was listed as starting production in mid-November in Albuquerque, according to the New Mexico Film Office. The logline, reported by the Albuquerque Journal last fall, follows the escape of a kidnapped man and his quest for freedom. There had been speculation that the man in question is Paul’s meth cook Jesse Pinkman, with the sequel set after the events in the series finale.

In November, Breaking Bad star Bryan Cranston confirmed the movie was happening but said that he had not seen a script.

Why???? That end was just perfect

If they have a story they want to tell, I'm curious to see what it is. Remember when people were worried about Better Call Saul?

*He not “they”.

But yes, Vince knows what he’s doing with these characters. What makes this interesting, is a Breaking Bad film could be in the running for the Oscars if it gets released by December. Such a strange thought. And I have no doubt that Aaron Paul will give us the best performance of his career. That dude has an emotional attachment to Jesse like no other actor I’ve seen. I’d imagine, with the amount of time it’s been since he was last on set playing Pinkman, Aaron will be diving into this character like a force of nature. And good for him, he needs this right now. Gilligan won’t just write and direct some bullshit.

Ace