Death on the Nile (2021)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Fox’s ‘Murder On The Orient Express’ Sequel ‘Death On The Nile’ Production Eyes Return To The UK
https://thegww.com/foxs-murder-on-the-o ... to-the-uk/
Fox recently fast-tracked Death On The Nile, a sequel to Kenneth Branagh‘s Murder On The Orient Express. Ken will be back as star/director and screenwriter Michael Green (Blade Runner 2049, Logan) is returning to adapt the novel by author Agatha Christie.
There is also an expectation that Kenneth will reunite with cinematographer Haris Zambarloukos, who has worked with him previously on a string of his movies such as Thor, Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit, Cinderella, Murder On The Orient Express, and Artemis Fowl.

We are under the impression Nile will have a production start in early to spring 2019 considering the release date the studio has set, but we currently don’t have production dates for the murder mystery.

Fox has set Nile’s release date going head-to-head with Star Wars: Episode IX next year on December 20th, 2019.
Couldn't find a thread for this even though it was first announced a while ago.

It really is miraculous how many of my threads, with actual news, disappear

Looking forward to this though. Branagh didn't top Lumet's Murder on the Orient Express for me but I really did like Branagh's Poirot.

Nomis wrote:
September 14th, 2018, 9:15 am
i would not be surprised if mods deleted some of the threads you’ve posted, because you do post a lot. maybe this one is an exception, but not every single movie that comes out needs a separate thread - they rarely gain a lot of traction, but sort of end up “drowning” out other threads and it becomes hard to find other stuff and idk

just a thought

I'm beyond excited! Really loved MOTOE so I really wanna see more of Branagh's Poirot.

Super hyped for this as well. It's gonna be even more fun with this story, because I don't know who the bad guy(s) is.
Nomis wrote:

Looking forward to this though. Branagh didn't top Lumet's Murder on the Orient Express for me but I really did like Branagh's Poirot.
I see that it was first announced in late November last year. Isn't that around the time where they had to rollback the server an entire month or something and hundreds of posts were deleted? That's probably why it's gone right?
Last edited by Sanchez on September 14th, 2018, 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

^Probably. We don't delete duplicate threads, we just merge them.

Sanchez wrote:
September 14th, 2018, 9:52 am
Super hyped for this as well. It's gonna be even more fun with this story, because I don't know who the bad guy(s) is.
Nomis wrote:

I see that it was first announced in late November last year. Isn't that around the time where they had to rollback the server an entire month or something and hundreds of posts were deleted? That's probably why it's gone right?
yeah I guess that's where it passed away :(

how did that breach happen anyway

Ace
Gal Gadot To Star In ‘Death On The Nile’ Redo At Fox
https://deadline.com/2018/09/gal-gadot- ... 202473170/
Gal Gadot has been set to star in Death On the Nile, the latest Agatha Christie adaptation set up at 20th Century Fox with Kenneth Branagh directing. The project came together last year as the studio was finding success with its Christie ensemble Murder on the Orient Express. The pic ended up grossing $352.8 million worldwide with Branagh at the helm and also playing master detective Hercule Poirot.
Jodie Comer & Armie Hammer are in talks to join
https://www.pressreader.com/uk/daily-ma ... 2760084683
JODIE COMER, so good as Russian super assassin Villanelle in first-rate BBC drama Killing Eve (you can watch all eight episodes on BBC iPlayer), is in early talks to join the all-star cast of Kenneth Branagh’s version of Agatha Christie’s Death On The Nile.

Armie Hammer is also in discussions to join the project.

Ace